Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Mid week? Already?

Morning and welcome to Wednesday - hump day Wednesday or What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday - which you prefer,

Spent most of yesterday glued to the series II of Downton Abbey, having the DVD boxed set - riveting stuff - anyone else watched it? I missed it live by being in the U.S. but, having enjoyed the first series, wanted to catch up. Can't wait for series III

Crafting yesterday afternoon and made one card which fits three challenges, these challenges are:
52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown - A Christmas sketch
Cute Card Thursday - snowflakes
Auntys forum - December challenge to make a Christmas card featuring a snowflake or bauble
Craft Mad and Loving It - December challenge - Water, Ice or Steam
Card Makers challenge - Let it snow



Materials used:
  • White deckle edged, 300 gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Silver mirri card panel - 12½ cm x 5½ cm
  • White card panel - 12cm x 5 cm
  • Chocolate Baroque snowflake (Craft Stamper freebie) stamped three times using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Icicle stickles to highlight
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to white card using Memento Paris dusk and cut out before matting on to an offcut of silver mirri card.
For those of you who may have missed the post which featured the sketch ..... here's a reminder



I chose to make mine a Clean And Simple card and I think this image works well with in this format - hope you all agree.

And here's how my work desk looks this Wednesday - decidedly neither CLEAN nor SIMPLE!!


Have a great Wednesday everyone - it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


16 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A gorgeous card,Kathy....have you finished all yours for 2013 now?????

Monica said...

Had to stop by to tell you how PRETTY is this card. Love the simple layout and touch of shiny paper.

Monica xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a BEEEEAUTIFUL card that is KAthy. I love it. Lx

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. Love the colour. Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Your snowflake card is absolutely GORGEOUS kathy. I think this is one of the best CS freebie stamps I've ever recived. I love how you've used it stamped in that vibrant blue. How fabulous to be able to enter so many challenges with it too - I never seem to manage more than two with any of my creations LOL

I daren't show pix of my workdesk at the mo' it's spreading through the house from the conservatory through the dining room into the lounge at the moment. I've convinced myself it's organised chaos though !!
luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

this looks fab! i haven't used mine yet. Series 3 was on this year Kathy, we are playing catch up before the xmas special x

Jacqueline said...

love your CAS style card Kathy - gorgeous snowflakes. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT this week - Jacqueline xx

clare said...

Beautiful icy snowflake card. Yes I watch downton abbey it was very good. X

Lizy said...

This is really pretty Kathy! Love the blue!
Lizy xx

Louise van Vuren said...

fabulous take on our sketch, love those beautiful blue snowflakes. Thanks for joining us on 52 CCT this week

Louise xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh me, where do you work and make your beautiful cards?! Which this is. I counted five challenges (I bow before thee) not three, but then I also write about BS, so I'm prolly not counting right! You really should win at least one of these challenges, it's yummy!

Mynnette said...

This is beautiful! LOVE the snowflakes and the glittery details! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Such a lovely icy blue and silver card. I love the ragged edge to the card - it looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week!

Brenda Brown said...

Love the card Kathy and how you've used the stamp.
Going home today. Back to the cold and wet, ugh.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Ruth M said...

A fab trio of snowflakes and a great colour combo, CAS but very stylish Kathy! Thanks for joining us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

Patty Gorka said...

Beautifully done, love the trio of snowflakes! I wouldn't dare show you a picture of my desk. Mine is a total mess and I need to go clean it up...LOL

Thanks for playing along at 52CCT!