Sunday, 8 September 2013

Lazy Sunday

Morning,
 
How are you all, dear readers and followers, this Sunday morning?

Last night saw us out with friends, we were celebrating Graeme's birthday, which was Monday. We went to a restaurant in the centre of Bristol. I read a number of reviews beforehand which ranged from very poor to absolutely fantastic so vowed to make up my own mind! Well, the food was great but the service haphazard! I have NEVER seen such a big bowl of chilli boiled sea bass!!! It was like a small lake and had about 8-10 pieces of sea bass in it ..... along with about 50 chillies!!!!!!!!! Delish (though I passed on the chillies themselves) and a spoonful of the sauce added to the rice pepped it up no end! An enjoyable evening with friends over a leisurely dinner.
 
And now some crafting ...... I'm trying to build up my depleted stocks of ATC's in preparation for a number of swaps I'm expecting to land on the mat over the coming weeks. Whilst listening to Planet Rock radio (how can I NOT have heard of this till one of my crafting buddy's pointed me in their direction?!?!?!) I set to thinking about a musical ATC. I remembered buying a set of musical silhouette images by Close to my Heart whilst in Florida last trip and this set me pondering ........ you can probably see that I'm not yet ready to relinquish my current fave technique of layering stamps either in order to make this single layer ATC - hope you like it ......
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Off cut of white card cut to ATC size
  • Kaisercraft "grunge" image inked using Distress Ink in Victorian velvet centrally across the ATC
  • Kaisercraft "alphabet" image inked using Memento London fog, to cover the ATC
  • Close to my Heart musician and musical notes (stamped more than once) inked using Versafine onyx black
  • Distress Ink in Victoria velvet applied around the edged
  
I will be entering the above in the "music" challenge over at That Craft Place - thanks for the link, Debs

AND I'm eligible to enter the snippets challenge over at Pixies Playground too - I usually forget to enter despite trying hard to use up snippets right now!

And here's another ATC - on a roll with them this week ....



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card off cut, cut to ATC size
  • Kaisercraft "grunge" image stamped using Distress Ink Victorian velvet
  • Kaisercraft "alphabet" image stamped twice, using Memento London fog
  • Saxophone player, notes and sentiment (all by Close to my Heart) stamped using Versafine onyx black
  • Versafine onyx black was then applied around the edge of the ATC

And the last one for the day .....




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Offcut of white card cut to ATC size
  • Kaisercraft "grunge" image stamped using Distress Ink mustard seed
  • Kaisercraft "alphabet" image stamped using Distress Ink shabby shutters
  • Judikins Kokopelli image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiments stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Am I now done with the layering stamps technique? Probably not. It does go to show though, how you can change the overall appearance (despite using the same stamps) by just changing orientation or colour or the choice of focal image - don't you think? Or do you think they all look the same? Am I done with using this stamp combo? MAYBE, for a while! Am I done with ATC's? Probably for a day or so as I HAVE built up a reserve again!

Have a great Sunday


15 comments:

Debs M said...

did leave a comment but blogger went all funny!! that craft place has a new challenge and the theme is music if you are interested x

Kathyk said...

Thanks for that link - I've amended my post and nipped over to enter. Hope you like the mench too

Kathyk

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Morning Kathy . . . absolutely lovely ATCS here. I lovely your inky layering . . . looks FAB.

Happy Sunday . . . Rock On!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Awesome ATC's! Fab set of stamps and you've showcased them perfectly!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous ATCs Kathy, I particularly like that first one. Planet Rock is fab isn't it, often sit and listen to that and also Absolute Radio (if you an get it).
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Di said...

Super snippets makes Kathy - love the music theme too. Great to see you in the Playground. race you to the swings :)

Oooer, all those chillies though - Len would have been in Seventh Heaven!

Hugs, Di xx

catherine said...

Glad you had a great night out with your friends Kathy.

ATC's looking great.

x catherine

Chris said...

These are gorgeous, Kathy - fabulous stamping!
Chris
x

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Kathy! I love these! What totally gorgeous stamps!

serendipity said...

lovely ATCs Kathy. looks like stamp layering is something I should explore, I love the effects you have created here.
jx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, a fabulous selection of ATCs, those stamps are terrific. Elizabeth xx

Amanda said...

Lovely Atc's, such movement and made me tap my feet too. Hugs, Manda x

scrappymo! said...

Those stamps are perfect for creating the look of layers at these wonderful ATC's.

Jools Robertson said...

Thank you for taking part in That Craft Place Challenge. Your project is wonderful, love the colours
Good luck and we would love to see you again hugs Jools :)

Kezzy said...

WOW WOW super gorgeous card, I really love the image how fantastic and the background you have done is awesome. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx