Saturday, 14 September 2013

Saturday and another challenge day ......

Wotcher peeps,

Bit of a late post from me today ..... hubby's off in Portishead today at a model flying examiners meeting which left me free to craft to my heart's content but first ..... I had to nip out and get a few things. Well, seemed foolish not to go out for a little drive so Velma and I headed over to visit my pals, Liz and Graeme. It was a little early to be sure they'd be up so I rang them - no answer so I assume they're away for the weekend ..... on round Bristol and I found myself passing another pal's home so I swung by .... guess what? She was out too - sorry to have missed you, Naomi! Ah well, it's not like either of them were expecting me and it was a nice little drive. I wanted to head out this morning (rather than this afternoon) as the forecast seems set to deteriorate as the day wears on.

So, once I got home it was time for lunch and then hit the table of craftiness ......
 
Saturday's are normally challenge days for me and this week one card will fit two challenges - both Simply Less Is More and the Addicted to CAS challenges cover "Get Well Cards" though the Simply Less Is More is also a One Layer Card!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft "Distress" image stamped twice, once using Distress Ink pumice and once using wild honey
  • Kaisercraft "Vintage fence" stamped using Distress Ink in tea dye
  • Sunshine Designs wheatgrass stamped using Versafine ink, twice in vintage sepia and once in onyx black
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

And the design was carried through on to the insert and envelope .... like so:

 
 
Have a great weekend


27 comments:

Katie Berberich said...

It's beautiful Kathy, all the way through.
Hope you had a great day.
Katie x

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card Kathy
Margaret x

Chrissie said...

Simply stunning... just love this!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

scrappyjacky said...

This is lovely,Kathy...perfect for a get well card.

Di said...

Fabulous card Kathy! Shame you missed your friends, some of mine run and hide when I turn up :)

Hugs, Di xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this card - that bg is awesome~

Gerrina said...

What a great background and colours for these stamps! Love the card! Have a fun and inky weekend, Gerrina

Sarah said...

Love this card; you've designed it so beautifully!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

FABULOUSLY CAS . . . love it xxx

sandie said...

OH I LOVE THIS! The background is stunning and the silhouette effect of the wheatgrass is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

Brenda Brown said...

Love your card Kathy, gorgeous colours and great stamping.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Good you went out today looking at the forecast for tomorrow!!
hugs {brenda} x0x

GinaA said...

Just love the look of your stamping and the colours you have used.

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is really beautiful work, Kathy! The recipient gets TWO cards with the inside done just as beautifully as the outside. And a matching envie! What a treat!!

Debs M said...

great card, love the colour scheme x

catherine said...

Brilliant card Kathy and love the autumnal colours.
x catherine

Craftilicious said...

I love the colours and texture and matching envelope Kathy :-)

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's Smashing. You've Aced the challenge Your Purpleness. Gorgeous autumn colours too. Lx

clare said...

love all the neutral colours Kathy.

Fat Dormouse said...

Oh this is really lovely Kathy. I love the colours you have chosen and the technique used.

Dormouse.wibsite.com

Sue said...

A lovely gentle get well card, Kathy, beautiful stamping and colours and I like how you decorated the inside too. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

The Crafty Laydee said...

Beautiful Kathy-such a lovely image and I like how you carried it through onto the inside and onto the envelope-very nice :)
Nessa xx

crafty-stamper said...

Another beautiful card and love the image simple but very effective
Carol x

MaryH said...

I do like this textured look I'm seeing on your cards with the silhouette stamping. This is just so sophisticated & chic looking. TFS & glad you had a nice drive. Got you in the mood for afternoon crafting, I'll bet. TFS

Jan Ltc said...

Gorgeous card xx Jan

stempelomi said...

great card,great colors!

Shana Gaff said...

Great card! I love the background that you did. Thanks for playing at ATCAS. :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Yay, Kathy! It's such a thrill to pop back and say congratulations on the well-deserved win at ATCAS!! Hugs, Darnell