Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning peeps,
 
It's mid week already and down hill all the way to the weekend from now on in! Got plans for the day? I do ..... I'm meeting a pal for afternoon tea later and hope to have photos to share tomorrow - IF the place is half as nice as the blurb! Hubby has to stay in and wait for a delivery! Oopsie!
 
Almost a month ago Clare set a challenge of "Making links or recycle/upcycle" and this appeared to set me more of a challenge than I'm sure Clare envisaged when she set it. I have no idea why but it got to yesterday morning (when there are only about another 10 days left to this one month challenge) when I was about to sweep up some sweet wrappers and I suddenly thought .... why not these?


After eating my sweeties I tend to either fold (like above) or tie the wrappers in a knot?!?!?!?
 
Hmmmm .... this little pile set me thinking I could use the wrappers in a recycled project ... so I unfolded two again - they looked like this ..
 
 
 
 
So, I covered my ATC blank in adhesive and stuck two wrappers down
 
Adhered to the ATC blank

And the reverse of the ATC
 
After letting this dry over lunch and flattening the ATC a bit .... it was time for the next layer which was some alcohol inks dabbed randomly and then sealed using "diamond" sparkle medium
 
Looks great with the alcohol inks and sparkle medium, almost a shame to cover so much of it ...
 
Coloured my image and cut it out - starting to see the link yet?
 
The finished Chocolate MOUSSE ATC using the recycled chocolate wrapper!
 
Materials used:
  • Ribbed ATC kraft blank
  • Two sweet wrappers, folded and then flattened out again, to give texture
  • PVA glue to attach wrappers to ATC blank
  • Alcohol inks applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool and felt pad and blending solution
  • Imagination Crafts "diamond" sparkle medium, applied with a spatula and then set aside to dry
  • House Mouse image stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink and fussy cut
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Dimensional foam adhesive to add dimension and to attach the image to the ATC
 
I THOUGHT about adding stickles or glamour dust to the image but decided the background was more than sparkly enough! So...... did it meet the criteria of the challenge of "Making links/recycle"? Hmm, well, I DID recycle the two chocolate wrappers and I DID link the finished ATC by using the CHOCOLATE mousse ice cream image so, I'm going with YES!!!!! HUZZAH!

Edited at 10:00 ....Over at the Male Room blog there is a new challenge .... to make a male card with the theme of MUSIC - no worries, I just got the perfect set of images ....



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square, white, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm square Kraft card panel
  • 11½cm square white image panel
  • I pressed the Distress Ink wild honey four times on to the image panel, for the base background before inking up my Kaisercraft "sketchy" image with the same colour and over stamping
  • Inkylicious splatter stamp inked up using Distress Ink in tea dye and stamped twice
  • Creative Expressions "boombox" (do they still call them that?) image and Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado musical phrase image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink

I think it ROCKS as a masculine card and hope you all do too! Here's how the envelope and inside of the card look too ...

 
 
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, here's a view of my cramped little work area, there's JUST enough space for me to stand and craft ..... when there's a big enough space cleared on the desk!.
 
 
 
Happy WOYWDW - have a good one, hope it's a creative one too!

7 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Ooh, very brave of you to show us your crafting space Kathy, I can't see mine! Love the recycled wrappers, brilliant idea!

Brenda Brown said...

Love the alcohol inked background and your jazzy card, which is beautifully matched to your envelope as always.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Rocky said...

Your music card is just right for our challenge at The Male Room, thank you for joining us. I love the recycled wrappers on the other card too!

Jacqueline said...

A great card for our 'Music' Challenge this week in TMR - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Fantastic card for any man into his music, great design and colour choice too. Thanks for playing along at The Male Room
Louise xx

Karen said...

super cool card...

Karen said...

great card...