Saturday, 28 June 2014

Here we are at Saturday again ...

We have Wimbledon AND Glastonbury so what would the weather be like? Yes, you guessed it .... rain!, rain! and yet more rain! Does this mean Sir Cliff will be entertaining everyone at Wimbledon? Whilst it's not ACTUALLY raining here it certainly doesn't look like it's far away - now, where DID I  put those wellies?!?!!?
 
Saturday, as my regular readers will know is my usual challenge day and, since I've been away for a couple of days - I've been a little craft starved (Mary and Barry if you are looking - it was so worth every minute to catch up with you both) ....... but, once home, I could hardly wait to get cracking on a project (or two). Yesterday I made two cards which fit about four challenges and I'm wondering whether I can achieve something similar today. I have been TRYING to make eight Christmas cards each month so that I'm not in a rush come November and, whilst I've not quite managed eight each and every month, I do feel like I'm doing pretty well on that front - and a quick count reveals that I have notched up 55 so far .... so, a day off from Christmas cards? We shall see!
 
Simply Less Is More have launched a new challenge this morning and their theme is: "TO USE A RECYCLED ITEM". Of course, last week I was delighted to have been their GDTM and I tried to visit the blogs of as many entrants as possible - my apologies if I didn't get to you - being away for a few days did seriously impact my ability to comment but, my thanks to the regular Design Team over at LIM for asking me to join them and for their continued visits to my blog when I enter - it's hard to visit everyone when there are well over 100 entries each week so, give yourselves a round of applause. Same goes to the Design Team for every challenge blog. Anyway, on to the topic in hand ... the Less Is More challenge - what to recycle:-
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Recycled book page, coloured with Distress Inks in: squeezed lemonade, wild honey and wild persimmon.
  • Clean blending tool and plain water to "bleach" some of the colour back off, which I then dried with my heat gun
  • Imagination Crafts thistle image stamped using Versafine onyx black
  • Stamplorations "small coffee stain" image stamped several times using Versacolour gold ink
  • Black, chocolate and Kraft card for matting - with the aid of my now trusty Perfect Layering templates and a craft knife!
 
Of course, there are loads of blog challenges pretty  much every day of the week .... I try to enter Clean And Simple challenges when I come across them ..... like this one ... CAS-ual Friday's and their CFC133: Create a Clean And Simple project that uses hearts in summer colours. I have managed to combine this with a second entry for Cute Card Thursday's "Circles" challenge....


Here's the card featuring hearts (and circles) in sunshine colours!!!

And the design carries across the inside of the card and, on the left,
the front and back of the envelope too

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Hero Arts scribble circle stamped using Memento dandelion and tangelo inks
  • Hero Arts scribble heart stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento rosebud ink
 
 
 

And now, here's a heads up regarding a free summer workshop from Clare, aka Miscanthuscrafts .... starting July 11th - see details here




Have a fabulous Saturday and I hope that the rain won't spoil all of your plans!
 

23 comments:

Jen said...

great cards kathy :-)
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Sue - said...

Two great cards. I especially like the scribbly hearts one.

catherine said...

Sounds like you have had a busy week Kathy. It's dull here too. Great cards
x catherine

Chrissie said...

Love this Kathy, it's just my kinda thing!
Thanks so much for your GD spot last week and for your wonderful commenting both then and every week, I'm sure all the recipients greatly appreciate it!
Thank you
Chrissie
"Less is More"

My name is Wynneth said...

WOW ! You certainly hit the crafting ground running after your short trip away Mrs !

Two more fabulous cards. Great recycling on your LIM card and fabby circles and hearts in the CCT entry.

So happy to see your entry for our CCT challenge this week.

Luv
Wynneth

scrappyjacky said...

That first card is gorgeous,Kathy.
Rain hasn't reached us yet.

Debs M said...

2 great makes Kathy x

Chris said...

Hi Kathy! Two gorgeous cards. I particularly like the first one -great recycling, fab stamp and colours!
55 Christmas card already - I'm well impressed!
Chris
x

Scrapmate said...

2 great cards. I love the colours on the recycled card.

~amy~ said...

Awesome cards...love how you were inspired by the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous cards Kathy and I don't think Sir Cliff will be supporting at Glastonbury, Wimbledon is certainly more his style. Enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun sketchy hearts. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Clare Lloyd said...

Love the colour warm colours on your first card.

Lesley Thomas said...

sorry to rub it in Kathy but we have had two beautifully sunny days here. I had crafty friends visit yesterday, which was great, and we played with airbrushes with some super results. Love your second card, the first was a little dark for me.

Gerrina said...

Great cards! Love the colours on the first and the heart is great on the second! Hope you have a happy sunday and thanks for your comments every week+ I love to read them!

Gerrina said...

Great cards! Love the colours on the first and the heart is great on the second! Hope you have a happy sunday and thanks for your comments every week+ I love to read them!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Superb cards Kathy and love your recycled item. Just perfect with your glam card.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part and great to have you on board last week.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Louise Wright said...

Two super cards, Kathy. I think the first hits the spot for me by a whisker.
You are right- Wimbledon, Glasdonbury. what more makes the perfect recipe for rain? I guess a cricket test match as well would top the bill and make rain 100% likely ;-)

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards kathy xx Jan

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, I think I'm back at the 'right blog'. I just saw what must have been an 'old link' at a blog, realized I had not visited for a bit, so zipped over on the link. Love the way you've used the old book paper to stamp this wonderful thistle image. A very clean yet beautifully colorful design. Like it - lots! TFS & Hugs

Anne said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy, love the book page. Glad you enjoyed your GDT time with us and thank you appreciating all the commenting
Thank you very much for your entry into this week's Less is More Challenge
Anne
LIM Designer

Skylark said...

Lovely cards Kathy, I especially like your LIM card, gorgeous stamp. Well done on your GD spot at LIM and on all those Christmas cards stashed away ready! Stef

Sid said...

Loving all your cards !!