Friday, 20 June 2014

Welcome to the start of the weekend! And the Friday brain teaser instead of a funny!

Morning,

Here we are at another Friday and, frankly, it's been a pretty glorious week weather wise here at the purple palace. I hope you can all say something similar about your locations too.

It's been too warm to sit outside in the afternoons this week and I've found myself reading more than usual, in the shade! This has meant a little less crafting than usual and (as usual) I've fallen behind on my Christmas card quota - luckily Rudolph Day looms large on the horizon and I hope to catch up ..... we shall see!

Meanwhile, over at CAS Colours and Sketches the challenge is a colour theme this week ......




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged envelope and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • 3/4 sheet of turquoise card and snippets of wisteria and white card
  • Pro Marker in peach to colour my white snippet
  • DieNamics chevron die - used to cut three chevrons from each colour card
  • Kaisercraft birthday sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black

This is a pretty unusual card for me as the only stamping on it is the sentiment!! Ah well, always good to ring the changes AND it used up some of those pesky snippets of card too! And the original colour options?

White and black is also allowed with this colour challenge but NO other colours


It came as quite a surprise to find I had no inks even close to the crisp cantaloupe!! I thought I had pretty much every colour covered - ah well, perhaps I need to ....... go shopping! In the absence of shopping though, the pro marker worked pretty well - I thought? You'd never really know that I coloured the white card before die cutting - would you? As I've used snippets of white, turquoise and wisteria card I shall be entering this card for the snippets challenge here too. The DieNamics chevron die cuts three chevrons from each piece of card .... so, there was enough left to carry my design through to the inside too


 
However, there's ALWAYS time for a quick Christmas challenge ... isn't there? Over at the ABC Christmas challenge they're on "L" and have chosen "LITTLE PRESENTS" - I had the perfect image so, off I went ...



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • JOFY present image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers in red and green to colour the image before mounting on to snippets of white and red card
  • Stardust stickles to highlight ribbon
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to base card using Versafine onyx black ink

And there you have it, a quick CAS Christmas card, another to add to the pile I'm accumulating for 2014 - YAY! Actually, I really like it and it's perfect as a batch card - one to hold in reserve in case I am still running behind come November!! Wish me luck peeps!

And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of Marsha, this week is more of a freaky brain teaser than a funny - do take a moment to check it out
 
2% or 98%

This is strange...can you figure it out?

Are you the 2% or 98% of the population?

Follow the instructions! NO PEEKING AHEAD!

Do the following exercise, guaranteed to raise an eyebrow.

There's no trick or surprise.

Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time and as quickly as you can! Again, as quickly as you can but don't advance until you've done each of them ... Really.


Now, scroll down (but not too fast, you might miss something).





Think of a number from 1 to 10











 
 
 
 
 






Multiply that number by 9









 
 
















If the number is a 2-digit number, add the digits together















 
 









Now subtract 5














 
 
 








Determine which letter in the alphabet corresponds to the number you ended up with

(example: 1=a, 2=B, 3=c,etc.)
 
 

























Think of a country that starts with that letter

















 
 








Remember the last letter of the name of that country



















 
 





Think of the name of an animal that starts with that letter














 
 









Remember the last letter in the name of that animal




















 
 








Think of the name of a fruit that starts with that letter



















 
 




Are you thinking of a Kangaroo in Denmark eating an Orange ?



I told you this was FREAKY!! If not, you're among the 2% of the population whose minds are different enough to think of something else. 98% of people will answer with kangaroos in Denmark when given this exercise.

 
 
Sadly, I'm a 98%-er, were you? My Danish Kangaroo was fond of oranges too!!! Need another shot of Funny this Friday? Don't forget there's usually one over at the Hettiecraft blog ... see it here
 
Have a fab Friday and a super weekend

13 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Yes it is a bit odd - I'm in the same boat, one of the 98%

Squirrel x said...

Fabulous CAS cards hun, love all of them but those chevrons are a wish list item now!
Sadly no kangeroo for me. I have a koala in Djbouti eating an apple. And I only know about Djbouti coz I was looking at world temperatures last night. xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous cards there Kathy. The second one is my absolute favourite :oD

Have a great weekend. Lx

SARN said...

Well I was one of the 98% - but only after I asked t'internet for countries beginning with D cuz my mind went . . . . BLANK! Maybe my mind just doesn't work properly at all!

Anyhoo . . . back to card making! I love both cards you've made . . . especially the Christmas one!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

that makes me an average joe too! fab cards. the colour looks ace!

Di said...

Two fabby cards there Kathy! Love the ziggy zags and you're right, the Christmas one would make a great production line design.

You got me in the 98% too - AND I'd heard it before. I know some of it is based on maths but the rest is what we most often know. Clever stuff eh?

No note needed - you glad you came to play!

Hugs, Di xx

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy,

I was one of the 2% as I had a koala Denmark wating an apple Apple,
Lilian

Hettie said...

Ahhh! I had an Iguana in Dubai eating an apple! Haa Haa!!!!!
I am odd though - even my heart is on the wrong side! Seriously!
Have a great weekend. Thanks for the shout out!
Hugs
xx

Angela said...

Oh Kathy,
your christmas card looks so perfect,i really like the image.
Thank’s a lot for joining us at our L is for little gifts Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
Good luck and hope to see you again
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT

karen h said...

Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches! Love the composition of the card with the chevrons just on one side!

Samantha said...

Great C&S cards, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Lizy Bartaby said...

Fabby cards Kathy! Brilliant little puzzle too...I'm a commoner lol!
Lizy xx

Patricia H. said...

Great use of our CAS - Colours and Sketches colors! I really like the chevrons. Thanks for joining us this past week!