Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Wednesday

Morning folks,
 
Still playing catch up from the weekend and made this rather CAS thank you card ... it's for a mostly white with layers challenge and has three layers ..... I used paper piecing for the dress and hat, in matching card to the matting layer - hope it qualifies! I'm loving the splash of red!
 
 

 
Materials used:
  • Annamarie 14½cm square white card - Newbury stash ....allegedly 300gsm though it doesn't say so on the packet
  • 13cm square white card for image panel
  • Red card for matting at 1/16" using my perfect layer ruler, the leftovers were stamped with my image and cut out for the paper piecing
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots image and sentiments (new stash from Newbury) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
As usual, I carried my design through the inside of the card and to the front and back of the envelope too, with the addition of the Hero Arts thank you sentiment,
 
 
 
 
I'm going to be entering this for the "Anything goes" challenge over at Through the Craft Room Door and also over at Crafty Sentiments where their challenge is also "Anything goes". It will also be entered in to the "Something red" challenge at Always something creative

And, on a thank you roll, here's another ....




Materials used:
  • Annamarie 14½cm square white card - Newbury stash ....allegedly 300gsm though it doesn't say so on the packet
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • Pink card cut to 1/16" border using my perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Penny Black image stamped on to image panel with Versafine onyx black ink and coloured using a light touch with the alcohol marker ... mainly because a heavy hand usually results in blurring with alcohol markers/Versafine ink
  • Hampton Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the glassware - another of the Newbury stash

And again with the inside and envelope co-ordination and again with the Hero Arts thank you sentiment on the inside of the card




I've entered the above card over at Crafting with Dragonflies where their challenge is: "CAS"

And, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday AND you can actually see a little square of free space, I thought I should share my work desk with you ..... be prepared to be AMAZED!!!!



Happy Wednesday, have a good one
 

13 comments:

Squirrel x said...

I think someone must be putting gin in my coffee as I have no idea what day it is! Gorgeous card hun, love the red. Hugs xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good Grief! Did you realised you've left a space on your craftdesk there Your Purpleness. Glad to see you had the foresight to record the evidence. I'm guessing your space will overflowing with wondrous things again in the blink of an eye...

Talking of which, your cards are FAB-U-LOUS and I know they will be much appreciated. Fantastic images and the way you've repeat stamped inside the card is fast becoming your signature technique. Works SO well matey. V classy touch.

Have a great day.

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Grr, in the middle of typing you a comment when my screen froze. Is that a new blue mat on your desk? Love the card, giggled at the sentiment.

Di said...

Wonderful cards Kathy! LOVE the Acid Drops one and am now convinced we followed one another round at Newbury!

Hugs, Di xx

catherine said...

Great cards Kathy and yes the splash of red is super.
x catherine

Deepti said...

I love the red on the card :) amazing!

Debs M said...

if you insist!!! x

Hettie said...

Lovely card there Kathy. Now you are just plain cheating with your desk picture. We need an outer shot not a close up!!
As for my book it is super easy. No measuring other than the original sheet of paper. It is all folding.
Hugs
xx

Deborah Adams said...

Great card, and yes, I agree the red really is stunning with the white and black outline images. :D
Hey, did come to my house? Your desk looks like mine. lol :D
Thank you for sharing and joining us at Crafty Sentiments-Anything Goes Challenge.
Deborah GDT

Susan Hogan said...

I recognise that desk! When did you sneak into my craft cave? I LOVE both cards - gave me a giggle, and the Acid Drops stuff is really fabulous isn't it. I like the treatment you have given it. Which one are you entering and I cannot find the link back to us either - you need to do that to be eligible for a prize as well as becoming a member if you are not already. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies!

Susan Hogan said...

Found the links! Sorry for that - I must have been bedazzled by your cards!!

Katie Berberich said...

Oh that's great and the quote is awesome. I love how the red pops as it does.
G & T anyone?
Katie x

happyglitzygirl said...

A great fun CAS card, thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with DRagonflies, blessings Hilde