First, I applied some brusho crystals to a snippet of card (the leftover strip from cutting two 13½cm squares from a piece of A4 card) - I really didn't need to use much although I ended up with more at one end than the other ... check out the photo below! Once I'd sprinkled the crystals I sprayed some aerosol laundry starch, which activated the crystals. Then, armed with a piece of pre scrunched cling film I "smooshed" the colour about until I was happy before leaving it for about 30 minutes. I then removed the clingfilm and set aside to dry .... LOVING the pattern it leaves in the colour!
|Stamped and brusho'd snippets|
|My ATC's attached to the brusho'd snippets|
Then I set about decorating them in a way that made me smile!
|And a better view of one of the set|
- Snippets of white card to which I sprinkled brusho water colour crystals in lemon and turquoise before spraying with starch and crunching cling film on - leaving aside to dry
- Once dry I attached the ATC's to the snippets using Cosmic Shimmer glue
- I stamped the Art Journey droplets image using Memento Mediterranean blue (except to the darker ATC where I used Color Box white) inks
- I stamped the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy image three times on to snippets of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and also on to each of the ATC's
- I applied masking fluid to the beak and eyes before I "speed coloured" the birds using Distress Ink in shaded lilac and mustard set before cutting out and attaching over the stamped images on the ATC
- Using the barbed wire image from Visible Image and Ranger Archival jet black ink I stamped somewhere for the bird to stand on to each of the ATC's
- Using a white Signo uniball gel roller I highlighted the droplets and doodled a very rough frame outline to the ATC
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippet challenge"
- Creative Fingers - "Anything Goes"
- That's Crafty - "Wings and things"
- The Craft Barn - weekly challenge "make your own background"