Monday, 16 March 2015

Morning and welcome to the start of another week

Morning and welcome to the start of another week
Oh NO! Another blooming journal page, I hear you cry  - but then, I DID say I was going to try and finish my A6 journal so ..... not really a surprise at all then! I was watching the TV movie "New in town" last evening when I started this layout ..... it just kind of developed a life of its own, a process which many of you may recognise! I knew I wanted to use another of the fantastic bird images recently acquired and the rest just sort of fell in to place!


Materials used:
  • A6 moleskin journal
  • A liberal coat of white gesso before I started
  • Distress Paints in:- ripe persimmon, picked raspberry and mustard seed, applied using a dry(ish) baby wipe
  • Using the picked raspberry and the ripe persimmon (and the same baby wipe) I applied the paint through the faux brick and mini numbers stencils (from TCW)
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Ranger Archival sepia ink
  • Close to my heart newsprint text and Kaisercraft old script stamped using Distress Ink in ripe persimmon
  • Close to my heart grid image stamped numerous times using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink (which was rather too positive a colour so I knocked it back with the paint-y baby wipe before it was dry)
  • I stamped the Tim Holtz bird crazy image twice using Ranger Archival jet black image, once was on to the journal page and the other on to white card which I fussy cut out before attaching using Ranger matte gel medium
  • Using masking fluid I masked off the eyes and the beak
  • Using Distress Inks in picked raspberry and dusty concorde I "speed coloured" the image using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • I used pro markers in gold and pumpkin to colour the beak
  • Using a white Signo Uniball gel pen I highlighted: the birds eyes, the body, the border grid and also the mini numbers
  • Tim Holtz "Artistry" sentiment and the date stamp used with Ranger Archival jet black ink
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Come and get it challenge - "make your own background"
  2. Ink on my fingers - "And your bird can sing"
  3. Crafting from the heart - "Anything Goes"
Hope you all have a great week

13 comments:

Lilian said...

I love the page Kathy. I have to have the birds. Lilian

Squirrel x said...

Just gorgeous hun, love those rich warm colours, and the little bird makes me smile. He looks as if he is planning some mischief! Hugs xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Another fantastic page using those gorgeous birds. A triumph matey! Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Great page....those birds are popping up everywhere.

Susan Renshaw said...

Just looking at the Crafting From the Heart post and your entry just leapt out at me!! I love the image and the colours you have used. Now I have to look for that TH stamp - it's definitely on my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!!

Jan Ltc said...

Great card xx Jan

SARN said...

LOVE these vivid pages Kathy.

ALL my AJ pages have a life of their own . . . I never plan any of them!

Glad you enjoyed the movie. BTW . . . I also love the RED film you mentioned the other day . . . made me chuckle! Kept it to watch again at some point.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Carla said...



Great page I love the image and the colors you have used. Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

Debs M said...

great page, loving those birds - just watched a Donna Downey vid who suggested using gelato on a baby wipe through a stencil for a grungy look x

Becca Cruger said...

Such a yummy, vibrant color scheme! I love that worn-down looking bird and the sentiment goes perfectly with him. By the way - I don't know if you saw or not, but STAMPlorations is having a mixed media design team call. You should check it out!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, that purple bird in front of all the orange - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!!!!

Shell B. said...

Super journal pages, great background work!

Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Hels Sheridan said...

Love your journal page, that ickle birdy is just too cute! Sorry I am a little late visiting.. but... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x