Saturday, 7 March 2015

The Purple Princess is away from her desk ...... yet again!!!

Third Saturday in succession - it's beginning to look like a habit!! First Saturday was Craftathon, last Saturday was a Karen Clare workshop and today? I'm in Wantage meeting crafting pal, Debs, and maybe Anne (Stargroves) for the first time too ... we'll be heading to the Stamp Attic - quick before it closes which is going to be May 2015, sadly.
Anway, I shall have skipped out the door by 08:30 for a 10:00 meet, leaving hubby in charge for the day - not that he'll be checking my blog you understand!
I shall hope to have remembered my camera and there MAY be pix!
In the meantime ..... I am LOVING these crazy birds .... here's another with one who will henceforth always be known (in my head) as Peter Lorre!!! Don't recall why that is? Well, Richard (aka Mr Cardmaker) started it with his fab treatment of this bird (see one of his makes here) and he set me thinking that the set ALSO contains Bella Lugosi and Boris Karloff!! Hmmmm - I'll NEVER be able to look at them any other way from now on!!! So, take one Peter Lorre image ...
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped "Mr Lorre", using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Inktense and Neocolour II crayons used to colour, with the aid of a water brush
  • Lemon brusho (diluted with water) and colour washed as a background
  • Stamplorations "birder" and "coffee rings" stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied in order to seal and protect those water based colours
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. CraftyCatz - "Songtitle to match your image" - I went with the Birdie song - difficult though it is to imagine Peter Lorre doing the Birdie song!!!
  2. Left of Centre - "Big eyes" ... well "Peter" DOES have large eyes!
  3. Artful Times - "Birds"

Can't remember the Birdie song? Well it pains me to say it but ... check it out below!! Hope it raises a smile or possibly a grimace - may even do both!




Yesterday I had hoped to have caught up with another crafting pal who was hoping to leave a meeting in time to stop by for coffee - sadly, her meeting ran on and, with a 3½ hour drive ahead of her, she decided to crack on and get home - don't blame her at all, I bet she was knackered!! Hope to catch up with her next time instead.
Catch y'all later

9 comments:

Jac said...

great little bird, perfect song choice! a song I hear regularly at work (unfortunately! lol) thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Janette said...

Great card for our challenge.....
Thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz....xx

WendyK said...

Just love the bird and the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

SARN said...

Hee hee . . . that bird just looks so worried!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

Great bird card kathy, Love the birdy song, Hugs
lilian

Steph said...

Wonderful big eyed bird! Love the purple against the bright yellow background. Thanks for joining us at LOC this week.

Rein said...

So lovely!

Lou Lou said...

So sad yet so cute, love the yellow/purple combination. Thanks for sharing at LOC, Lou x

Neet said...

The ore I see this bird the more I want it. BUT ... now it will be Peter for me too - brilliant!
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
Hugs, Neet xx