Sunday, 15 March 2015

Welcome to another lazy Sunday ... and a challenge make

Morning all

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY (U.K.)

What a dull old day yesterday was, aside from heading out for an hour or so yesterday afternoon it was more of a day to stay in and craft!!! I cracked on with a card and had it made and entered (ffor our challenges) by about 09:30 and then it was on with the domestic bliss .... I was ready to go out come early afternoon!!! I'm no quitter but I'm no domestic goddess either! It was back to the table of craftiness later in the afternoon whilst watching the humorous action movie "Red" - quite enjoyed it despite its daft plot!
 
I was looking at some of my fave challenges and was taken by the gorgeous colours in the photo inspiration ......
 
My card

And a close up of my bokeh panel
 
Materials used:-
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm white card panel for both front and insert
  • Snippet of white card (offcut from cutting square panels doncha know!)
  • Snippets of black card, for matting
  • Distress Inks: ripe persimmon, mustard seed, dusty concorde and salty ocean applied to the white card strip
  • White acrylic paint sponged through a Paper Artsy stencil using a cosmetic sponge - bokeh styleeee
  • Clear gloss gel medium applied with a spatula through a TCW stencil to give it a little lift, I like the added dimension this gives .... without pushing it in to the blooming "LARGE" postage rate either!
 
I've left a sentiment off until it's time to send it .... I can see this being useful for so many occasions that I didn't want to pick one ..... just yet!

I'd like to enter this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge"
  2. Suzi Bee's challenge - "Anything Goes, with a twist of spots and/OR stripes" - I went with spots
  3. Happy Little Stampers March challenge - "Sponging"
  4. ShowCASe your style - Photo inspiration - CAS card
 
 
Have a great Sunday



13 comments:

Marina said...

When I saw this in my blog feed, I knew immediately it was for the Showcase Challenge - it is absolutely perfect for it. (I'm not connected to that challenge at all, just a follower!) Gorgeous bokeh effect, cleverly done with the clear gel, and just beautiful colours.

Lesley Thomas said...

Love that colourful panel Kathy! Definitely useful for all occasions.

Happy Mother's day to you and your followers.

Karen said...

Hi Kathy, This is gorgeous, loving the shiney bubbles too. In answer to you only having 12 Brusho's, well you just got to get the rest of them..... lol. Go on, you know you want to..,

xx

Loll said...

This is an amazing card Kathy!! LOVE the beautiful mix of sponged colours and the bokeh technique with the white dots. But it's the gloss gel dots that really put it over the top. Adds gorgeous shine and dimension. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

SARN said...

Simply glorious card. Xxx

Anja Curvers said...

WoW this is awesome for me this is a winner gorgeous take on he showcase your style challenge.

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous bokeh look! The glossy look tot he bokeh really adds to the beauty.

Di said...

Kathy, this really is fabulous! Wonderful bokeh work - ha, I tried the other day and make a total pigs ear of it. Need to get out the white acrylic paint I think!

Hugs

Di xx

Debs M said...

what a great idea - the gel medium gives it a fabulous finish x

Camille Short said...

Stunning!

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, what wonderful card!!! i like the colours and the technique, the effect with gel is stunning!!! i love it!great work.
Hugs from Palma

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 71 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Darnell J Knauss said...

(So, I'm making my way through my NBUS entries and I'm at Di's and I came over per her link to see your card. After I was able to sit up without feeling dizzy, I got back in my chair. I'm okay now. But I have to say this about your card and the results of the "Showcase Your Style" challenge: YOU WERE ROBBED!!)