I've a card to share with you today too ..... as you might have known I would! Check it out and see what you think
|A close up of just the central image section|
|And my co-ordinating inside and emvelope|
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square panel of white card
- Distress Ink in shaded lilac brushed lightly in a rough slightly off centre square and also through TCW stencils, mini circles and harlequin
- Kaisercraft mini grid inked with the same distress ink and randomly stamped over the image panel and used to create a sentiment "box" below ... as per the sketch
- Clearly Inspired "brushed flower" allium stamped to the left of my "image panel" using Ranger Archival watering can ink, I stamped it twice without re-inking
- Santa Rosa sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink - I used this and am AMuse sentiment to embellish the inside and envelope
- Judikins micro glaze applied to protect the water based colour in transit
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
- Suzi Bee's - challenge No. 86 - Use only two colours - I used watering can and shaded lilac
- Paper Artsy - topic No. 12 - STENCILS
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 230 - a sketch
My original card looked like this .... nice - BUT
And I liked it but I just felt that something wasn't quite right ..... the whole thing was a little off centre. I thought I could fix it by adding another image but, wouldn't you know it, I missed a little bit so, there was nothing for it but to make it a two layer card - I think I actually prefer Mark II so I guess it was a happy accident! Lucky it wasn't OLC challenge week! .....memo to self: USE YOUR STAMP POSITIONER next time this happens! DOH!
Yesterday I was getting inky with crafting pal, Lilian ......
|Lilian having trouble believing this form of crafting's going to produce anything fun|
|OK, so NOW I believe you!|
|We also tried toothbrush painting, ghosting, embossed resist,|
brusho's and even found time for some one colour layering
How much fun did we have? LOTS!!!, thanks Lilian! ... now all I have to do is finish one or more of my projects.
Have a great week ... it's sad/happy for me, as my aunt and uncle are moving to Birmingham this week ... they're packing today and leaving tomorrow. We'll miss them terribly but want to wish them well in their new home, which is SO much closer to their daughter.
And, over at Bumblebees and Butterflies the talented Brenda Brown now has over 700 followers so is offering three giveaways (all fabulous) - you HAVE to be a follower and her giveaway offer closes July 13th - I've got my fingers crossed to be lucky! I have a pic of just one of the three in my sidebar!