Saturday, 18 June 2016

It's Saturday once more ...

Hi there readers and followers, 

Good to see you, hope your weekend is coming along well.

I'm off and running with my challenge makes this morning ....

My card
And a closer view of the shine, twinkle and "faux bleach"

 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • White 15cm square, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square + snippet 12 x 6cm
  • Piece of purple card (leftover from a recent purple themed challenge) cut to 13½cm square + snippet cut to 13 x 7cm
  • White gesso applied to small snippet
  • Crayola Slick Stix applied and blended with a finger .... yellow, orange, red and purple .. which rolled out of the photo - darn it!
  • Stencils and a baby wipe used to knock back colour ... TCW (numbers/circles/harlequin and That's Crafty (raindrops) + TCW lines used with cut and dry and Ranger Archival ink, to add interest and "texture"
  • Dee Greunings Coneflower image and Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion spray and shine applied - to protect the water based crayons
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the coneflower



I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 281 - THEME .... FAUX BLEACH
  2. Creative Corner - June 17th challenge - GLITTERMANIA
  3. Creative Friday - challenge No. 155 - FLOWERS
  4. Creative Artiste - challenge No. 15 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  5. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 31 - ANYTHING GOES
I've an ATC to share with you this morning .... When I went to Craftathon in April my shoebox project was ATC's and I had stamped a number of the crazy birds and accessories which, combined with a whole load of snippets, meant everyone could make a crazy bird ATC. I had a couple of "kits" left over and, well ...... I hate waste!

My ATC
And a closer view of the details
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in Kraft (cut to ATC size), black (cut a little smaller) and white (cut a little smaller again) for my image panel
  • Stampers Anonymous crazy bird stamped on to one white snippet (image panel) and a second for colouring and fussy cutting out, and matching accessories on to a snippet of white card, all stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image, accessories and image panel background
  • Paper Artsy splatter image inked using Delicata silver ink and stamped randomly over the pink alcohol marker background
  • Once my image and accessories were cut out and adhered (using a Xyron sticker maker) I used Plaid dimensional gloss in the space left when I cut out the glasses, to simulate glass!

Interestingly enough I subconsciously picked my old school colours of red and grey here - useless trivia fact!!!!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge - challenge No. 214 - SOMETHING QUIRKY
  2. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 16 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Alphabet challenge - June 10th challenge - H for HAND COLOURED
  4. That's Crafty - June 10th challenge - IN THE PINK
The materials I have left? Well, given that I participate in a materials ATC swap with a buddy on the Isle of Skye, she will be getting this little lot - interesting to see what she will make with hers ..bet it will look loads different to mine too!




ENJOY!


27 comments:

Sharon said...

Your faux bleach panel is drop dead gorgeous Kathy! Such a fab piece of inspiration for the faux bleach technique. Love the warm and vibrant colours you used. Your ATC is such a sweetie too. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

MaryV said...

Fabulous creations, Kathy! Love the bleached card... stunning :)
Hugs

Deb Bradley said...

Fabulous projects love your faux bleach panel really beautiful Debbs xx

Wendy said...

What a cute ATC. He certainly has a "quirky" feel to him. Thanks for entering the Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge this week. Wendy (DT)

SARN said...

SUPER LOOKING inky birthday card Kathy. I love that one.

Great looking bird ATC too. Well done on using up your spares.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Kathy both of your projects are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at <a href='http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/’> Creative Artiste Challenge Blog </a> for challenge 15 Anything Goes and the sponsor is Foilplay. Hugs Jackie DT

Wendy Bellino said...

What a great technique for faux bleach! I just love the result. CUTE ATC!

cheryl said...

Oh love the bleach effect hun so effective love that stamp too great post hugs cheryl xx

Viv said...

Super LIM card Kathy and liking the ATC too,just love those crazy birds ;) Viv xx

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, great idea. I love the texture you've created with the faux bleaching!
Elaine

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow love the card, the colours you added by rubbing in are great and love that bit of glitter on the black stamped image. At first I wondered if it was black glitter embossing powder but then read you added with stickles, perfect.
Love that ATC card, those birds are all so full of personality. Interesting system that you make one and then send whats left to person who gets the ATC. I have seen these around a bit, I assume ATC is like making a card but without the base of the card??.

Both wonderful creations and funny how things go and you end up using your old school colours.

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

Brenda Brown said...

Hello Kathy, sorry it's been such a long time for a proper visit. I love your card and ATC they are both beautifully put together and full of gorgeous colours and vitality. I wanted to say a huge thank you for the lovely comment you left me about my news, that was so sweet of you. I am still pinching myself and feeling excited about all the new opportunities that have come my way. Have a happy Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Esther said...

What an awesome LIM card! Such vibrant colours and I love the shimmer over the top. It looks absolutely fab! Your ATC is great too - who doesn't love the crazy birds?!

Chrissie said...

WOW Kathy, your faux bleach worked out SO well... the effect is really dramatic, this is super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Debbie Ellis said...

Love love your creations
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie Dt

crafty said...

Love the colours of the top card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Corner this week.
Mary

Jenn Borjeson said...

Love your quirky ATC! :) Thank you for joining us at Wicked Wednesday.

Katja said...

Wow, great card.

Thanks for playing with us @ Creative Friday.
Hugs, Katja

Craft-E-Place said...

Just popped back to say thanks for reminding me of this technique - it had disappeared out of my brain! Thank you I used the reminder and created a card for the challenge.
Elaine

Gerrina said...

Think all is said already :) Just here to say that I think your LIM-panelcard is stunning! So great how you combined the techniques!
Hope you have a fun week planned; enjoy!

Wheelie Crafty said...

Love the colours of your projects, love that bird stamp
Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

Scrapmate said...

What a pretty card and the colours are awesome.

Linby said...

Lovely inkiness and a great idea to bleach through a stencil - must try that.

Nikki W said...

I just love those birds. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

Cara said...

Two brilliant makes. Cara x