Saturday, 18 February 2017

It's a Saturday post .....

Hi there,

Hubby's away so I've been free to play!!! He's gone off on an annual reunion boys night, in sunny Plymouth!! So, the door closed and I hit the ToC (that's Table of Craftiness if you didn't know) ....


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • Pearl, 300gsm, DL card and matching sized envelope - an uncommon size for me these days but the image seemed a smidge too long for the C6 I've been using lately
  • Water colour paper, for image panel
  • Snippets of navy and red card, for matting
  • White card cut to 20 x 9½cm
  • Katzlekraft "Les Jungles" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Derwent "Inktense" blocks used to colour image and background
  • Anita's sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 238 - BIRTHDAY
  2. Alphabet challenge - February 17th challenge - Y = YOU CHOOSE .. I also went with YELLOW!
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING GOES

And my next craft project .....


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 11½cm square and one to 11cm square
  • Circle die cut from scrap of paper, to use as a mask
  • Distress Ink in twisted citron inked through the mask using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • With the mask still in place Creative Expressions letters image stamped using Memento bamboo leaves ink
  • CAS-ual Fridays sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Self adhesive "faux brad" positioned top right, for added interest and texture




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 316 - ALPHABET
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 125 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Friday - challenge No. 173 - MASKS
  4. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 465 - NO PATTERNED PAPER




Someone on facebook posed a tricky crafting question: 

You are going on a trip. You can take pre-cut white card stock and ONLY 5 other items, to include ONE stamp set. What would you take ? If you can, share a picture of the stamp set.

Here's my FIVE, based purely on the trip taking place TODAY - you KNOW how your faves change!!!



Feel free to add your choice of FIVE in comments .. if I get more than ten people posting their FIVE then there WILL be a prize (FOLLOWERS and UK posting only, sorry). I'll be closing the book on this on Friday Feb 24th.

Edited Feb 24th - only five comments contained their "FIVE" which means no prize, as I said I needed ten entries - sorry peeps

29 comments:

lilian said...

Get cards Mate, I do feel for the giraffe with the knot in his neck.

Debs M said...

fabby makes - love that green and the stamp - fab combination x

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab cards kathy

Viv said...

Fab makes again here Kathy, well done you :) Viv xx

Barb said...

Two super cards Kathy. That poor giraffe but I bet he doesn't forget! I love the sentiment stamp on the second card. A very stylish make! Barbxx

Esther said...

These are brilliant Kathy! You know how much I love that giraffe from the Katzelkraft set... makes me giggle every time! And your card for our alphabet challenge is great with the text speak U and embossed alphabet background. Love it! Not sure what my top 5 trip faves would be... I guess black Memento ink, Zigs, a stitched rectangle die (love my stitched card panels!), Altenew Botanical Garden stamps and the matching dies... for today anyway! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Kathy and the giraffe is such a fun image and perfectly coloured, and the sentiment and script inked with the pretty yellow in the masked circle looks great. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

Viv's Visuals said...

Brill catds Kathy - love the animal set and the giraffe is cool! x

Di said...

Fab cards Kathy! I adore the giraffe, really made me smile. And your LIM card is just perfect! As for which five items I'd take away with me - these days I can barely decide on what to do at home let alone when away :)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Hugs

Di xx

Petra L said...

Lovey card.

Hugs,Petra

SARN said...

LOVE the giraffe card and that thank you card is awesomely CAS and gorgeous.

Cor - your 5 items question is a toughie . . . it would have to be as follows:
1) Stamp set = Custom Tee by SU (good for boys AND girls)
2) Black Memento ink
3) Tub of Promarkers to colour stamped images
4) Scissors
5) Double sided tape/foam pads

Fiona said...

Hi Kathy

Lovely zingy colour in your LIM card and great use of the graphic stamps. Fab idea to stamp the reverse side of the envelope too.
Had a huge crafting break but back again and if pressed my 5 items would be Stamp set...anything with sentiments, double sided tape, scissors, Versafine ink pad, sticky fixers.
x

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous cards, Kathy. I love the way you coordinate your envelopes it just adds so much!
Elaine

serendipity said...

Super cards Kathy, love the thank you sentiment. I've been making thank you cards today and would have loved to use that stamp.
As for my 5 essentials .... just tried to make this list - it's impossible!!
But here goes: stamp set with thank you + images, memento ink, pencils. glue, acrylic stamping block, but I would NOT be held accountable for any card I may produce with this little lot, lol.

Gerrina said...

That girafe is such a funny stamp; love how you coloured it! And you were quick again at LIM's challenge with such a brilliant design! (Why didn't I make it myself easier?) Love the colour! Hope you have a good weekend!

Skye said...

Two fab card! I love the humour of your first card and the beautiful crisp green of the second. Great design.

Basslady said...

a very funny giraffe image!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Lynda said...

Two fab projects. Thankyou for joining us for our 'Birthday' challenge over at Brown Sugar. Hope you join us next time Lynda DT xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A duo of gorgeousness Kathy. That giraffe really makes me giggle and you've coloured him to perfection BUT my fav here has to be the Thank U card. Absolutely spot on perfect for our alphabet challenge and a total eye-popping one too in that Lime Green .. Love it and thanks as always for playing along with us at Less is More. Sarah x

Sarah Gray said...

That giraffe is such a fab image, Kathy and I absolutely love your thank you card! The masked circle and bold sentiment look perfectly graphic and CAS. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More again this week :)

Anne said...

Fab cards as ever Kathy, I love your LIM entry, simple effective and classy.

Five items? Crazy Cats set, Copics, black ink to stamp with, black card to contrast mat, bakers twine. Howzat? No sentiments I know...

Alpna said...

This is lovely. Thanks for sharing this on Brownsugar Challenge.
Alpna-DT

Beate Rauer said...

great card! I love it! so simple and perfect!Thanks for joining us at creative friday! Hugs,Beate

Glittertastic said...

Great cards Kathy - I especially like the bold alphabet card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Kathyk said...

Sadly, only five people submitted their "FIVE" so no prize (since I specified ten entries) - sorry peeps

Kathyk

Sharon said...

A super fun giraffe Kathy; it is adorable. Loving the text speak alphabet entry. Beautiful zingy colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

This is gorgeous card. I love the image and fabulous design. I love this entangled giraffe. Thank you for sharing with us Crafting With An Attitude.
Bozen DT CWAA

Daniela said...

Wonderfu idea...thanks for joining us at Creative Friday!
Hugs daniela

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on being showcased at LIM...I love your card...CAS perfection x x