Sunday, 5 February 2017

Lazy Sunday morning

Morning,

Well, what a productive morning I had yesterday .. and then what a lazy afternoon?!?!? Leapt out of bed (for me, not necessarily leapt by normal standards!) whipped the sheets off and in to the wash, made my entry for Less Is More by 09:00, showered dressed and out by 10:30 to the surrogates! Hubby had some minor electrical work to complete ..... and we had to pause to admire their new car - now they've two growing boys and a labrador it was time to move to an estate car! Me? Well, I got to pat said labrador!

Even managed to find a little time to craft!! I do love to stamp and/or ink a background and it's been a while since I did this .... a more masculine card than yesterdays perhaps too .. thought I should have another go since entry one didn't go quite according to plan!!


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of navy card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Snippets of white card and navy card for image panel and matting layer
  • Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped using Vivid! plum ink (my NBUS, which I've had for so long I fully expected to find it had dried up!, thankfully NOT)
  • Kaisercraft bubble wrap image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Close to my heart numbers image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Happy Little Stampers sentiment (also NBUS) stamped using Vivid! plum ink


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 267/268 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 172 - MASCULINE + A SENTIMENT
  3. Happy Little Stampers - February challenge - USE BLUE
  4. DJKardKreations - NBUS challenge No. 10 - NBUS with optional twist of BUBBLE WRAP
  5. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 314 (6th Birthday) - USE THREE COLOURS ADJACENT ON THE COLOUR WHEEL ... I went with the three colours next to the three I used yesterday ... plum/purple/blue. Since it's their 6th BLOGversary, they've a new look and new badges .. even remembered to change mine in the side bar too!

 
 

18 comments:

lilian said...


Great card Kathy, Do love the number stamp

Lilian

Debs M said...

great card, love the stamp choices - I struggle to do those type of cas cards but I should give it a go! x

Esther said...

Another fab entry Kathy! I love this very clean and stylish design with the grid background and funky numbers. It looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Less is More :)

Di said...

What a great card Kathy! Love the CAS look, so much your style, and the bubble wrap stamp is one I have here too and never got to use for NBUS! Gosh I do love the numbers stamp as well - just perfect for those tricky male cards! Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

I love this numbers stamp Kathy and the bubble wrap stamped over the top looks great with it. Such pretty colours too. x

SARN said...

Oh I LOVE this. Fab background stamping and a great card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another fun and funky creation Kathy and what a huge amount of technique and detail yet still a CAS perfect card too. Well done, love it! Thanks for playing along with us in week 1 of our 6th birthday challenge at Less is More. Sarah x

catherine said...

Sounds like a busy day Kathy. Love the card and the number stamp
catherine

Chrissie said...

Love this design Kathy... great part of the spectrum once more!
Thanks again!
Chrissie

Sue said...

Kathy, I love your design here. Gorgeous CAS and you've used the numbers stamp beautifully, and like how you've combined the challenges. Great job!

Jane said...

Super masculine card, love the numbers set against that grid background. We're looking for numbers at The Male Room too if you fancy linking up.

Karen D. said...

great sets Kathy..love the look and would work perfectly for any guy!
tfs,
xx Karen

Sarah Gray said...

I love that numbers stamp and you have created a fab layered design for lots of interest - great one for the guys! Thank you so much for playing along with us for a second time at Less is More :)

Je@net said...

What a great idea to make a birthday card like this. Love that numbers stamp, Kathy!

Sharon said...

Brilliant masculine card Kathy and your amazing inking on that background really makes it look like those numbers are floating in the air. The bubble stamp adds so much more detail to the grid. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Darnell said...

Creative genius! I would have used the bubble wrap stamp for a background OR the grid stamp and never thought to do both! I really love how they both work together with the numbers to make a great manly card! Thanks for playing again in #10, Kathy, and joining in the optional theme! Hugs, Darnell

Jane Willis said...

I love this, that number border is a great stamp and looks very striking against the super background
Jane

Neets B said...

Hi hun, sorry I'm so late visiting this one. A great interpretation of the blue challenge and fab layered stamping.
Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, and also a previous week at Less is More! Anita x