Monday, 20 February 2017

Monday and the start of another week

Hi peeps,

Over the weekend a friend posted a youtube video on a private blog I belong to, another friend expressed an interest too .. so we challenged one another to make one!!! Here's mine ..

The cover of my mini zig zag book
Closed and fastened
One side
and the other side
And embellished



Materials used:
  • 2 x 300gsm dark chocolate panels cut to 6⅛" x 2¾" and scored at 5¾"
  • 7 x 200gsm white card panels cut to 5½" x 2½" and scored at (6 only) 4½"
  • 2 x 200gsm white card panels cut to 3½" x 2½" and scored (on 3 sides only) at ½"
  • Length of organza ribbon (for closure)
  • Double sided tape and tombow dual purpose (green) glue
  • Patterned paper (Papermania "Geometric Kraft") cut to ¼" smaller than the panels they are to fit


I've a few tweaks left before I'll be calling it finished, like colouring in some hearts, journalling perhaps some stickles but ... it's nearly there!

And the video? See below .... and feel free to check out the blogs of the two pals, Clare and Lilian, I hope they'll be sharing their own makes!




7 comments:

Barb said...

That looks pretty impressive Kathy. Barbxx

lilian said...

Great looking book mate. I will get mine finished soon and post it on my blog

Lilian

SARN said...

Wow . . . Great looking project. Must've taken ages, bit it's very effective. Nice keepsake.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

catherine said...

Great idea Kathy-must look at one myself
catherine

Debs M said...

looks great - not sure I could be bothered with all the cutting and folding so well done you!! x

Pat said...

This looks fabulous Kathy, a really cleverly designed mini album and love all the photos and stamping. x

Darnell said...

I love that you are always up for an adventure, Kathy! And you have lots of friends who like to play with you! This zig-zag mini album idea is new to me and I think it's adorable! I can only imagine the fun this is in person!! Hugs, Darnell