Thursday, 2 February 2017

Two posts in one week on days I don't usually ....

post that is ...... must mean Mr Mojo's back on patrol!

If you have been following my blog over the past week you will know that I have not only been missing my mojo but .. mucking up cards left, right and centre! I was bound and determined to crack on with the image I've used today which I still classify as NBUS because my project never got past the planning stage!

My card
And a closer view of the wording inside the heart
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of maroon textured card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • 49 and Market heart image stamped on to the smaller card panel and then (without re-inking) the larger card panel and also on to the reverse of the card blank, the front and back of the envelope and also on to a post it which I then cut out to use as a mask - all using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Once the black ink was totally dry I fussy cut out the mask and adhered over the image on the panel for the card front, applying (ombre technique) Distress Inks: worn lipstick, festive berries and fired brick and, with mask still in place, flicking with water and mopping excess with paper towel then spraying with Crafters Companion spray and shine to seal the water based inks
  • The Cats Pyjamas sentiment and flourish stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faux crystal gemstones applied to bling it up




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. DJKardKreations - NBUS challenge No.10 - NBUS with the OPTIONAL theme of BUBBLE WRAP
  2. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1705 -  CELEBRATE
  3. CASonSunday - challenge No. 100 - HEARTS
  4. Crafty Cardmakers - challenge No. 181 - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
  5. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - quarterly challenge - USE TEXT AND BLACK


Many of you will know that I swap ATC materials with a buddy, just got my latest batch - and here they are, any suggestions?

A stamped image of two birds in a tree along with a hessian butterfly
 Some of you may wonder how our artwork differs, wanna see?

 
Here's what we both made with Pam's materials choice - a sentiment and some gemstones

 
And here's what we both made with my materials choice (as shown, with my ATC, on the left)

As you can see, our styles are quite different!, which is what makes it interesting!




16 comments:

SARN said...

FAB Anniversary card mate! Very clean and CAS.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

A lovely anniversary card Kathy. What a great stamp. Thanks for sharing the ATC photos. Isn't it interesting how differently the same stuff can be used. Barbxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks Kathy for letting me know.. don't use Amazon as they don't use PayPal and had my card hacked puts me off it. Will try eBay though.
You need to put your email address on this page here, then you won't be a no reply blogger.

https://www.blogger.com/profile/14321893319926950229

Your email will be embedded as mine is, in all your blogger comments, then I can just hit reply and it will go to your email addy.

If someone doesn't check the status of your reply they may NOT notice their email is going nowhere because of a "no reply" address on your comment.
If you don't get me, google "no reply blogger" there are posts on it.
Shaz.x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mmm very lovely work, fascinating to see different styles. Shaz.x

Susan said...

Such a great design. Love that vintage heart! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

Pat said...

I love your pretty red heart Kathy and the flicked water bleaching and the sweet little gems have finished it perfectly. Glad your mojo is back in full working order Kathy, it can be very frustrating when things don't go well.

Judy McKay said...

Very nice anniversary card. Lovely details. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmarkers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon Judy DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Your card is lovely and I'm glad you were able to join us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous cards, Kathy. Love the heart stamp. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Josephine said...

Lovely anniversary card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Terri Winske said...

I make a lot of anniversary cards so was very drawn to your card. Love the CAS feel and simple sentiment. Thank you for sharing your card with us at PIP Challenges this week.

kReN K said...

What a great treatment for that image. Thanks for sharing with us at the PIP challenge.

Birdie said...

Sometimes the simplest image and idea have the biggest impact. This is one of those times. Happy the mojo is back because I love what you have done. I also think it is great when the theme is carried onto the envelope. Happy to see this entered on the PIP blog this week and look forward to more.

Lin said...

Fabulous CAS card and spot on perfect for my challenge.

Thank you so much for joining in this time.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing your creations next to those of your swap buddy! How fun!! I think your anniversary card is awesome, Kathy! You put a lot of work into making it the best heart it could be!! Glad your Mr. Mojo has come calling and thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10!! Hugs, Darnell

Maike von maikreations said...

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome card with us at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Love the matching envelope with it!
Happy crafting, Maike