Friday, 24 February 2017

Welcome to the start of another weekend .....

Morning all,

Here we are at the start of another weekend and I hope you all have something nice to look forward to this weekend, even if it's only NOT WORK.

I've removed the need for moderation of my comments, I was getting inundated with e-mails first to moderate and then for the published comment - will just see if it kicks off an avalanche of spam instead .... in which case I'll be moderating again!  Haven't had to delete without publishing for so long it's perhaps no longer necessary. Do you moderate or don't you?

Had an unexpected outing earlier in the week, one of my pal's invited me for coffee but we ended up on a sightseeing tour as we tracked down a new (to us) wool shop. My friend is the knitter not me so she was very happy, me? I wandered about a bit and found they sold cards - very nice cards too (made by the manager) using Lavinia and Visible Image stamps (to name but a few). My pal bought her wool and some needles and we hastened off for a Costa coffee on the way home .. a nice impromptu way to spend an afternoon, just a shame it was so blowy!

I have a crafting project to share with you today ... some tags, to get me ahead of the Christmas game in 2017 ...... I'm happily on schedule right now but it IS only February! Wonder if it will still be true in, say, August!

Tag 1 
Tag 2
Materials used:
  • Kraft tags (ordered from Amazon) - 100 for £1.18! Hardly worth cutting them yourself for that price!
  • Habico Santa image, Hero Arts Christmas image and Pohs Impressions "To, From" sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black
  • Coloursoft pencils in blue, white, peach and blush pink used to add a touch of colour to my tags and, where needed, blended with Sansodor and a paper stump
  • Kaisercraft metallic glitter gel pen to draw Santa's spex frames
  • Stardust stickles to add bling 
  • Plaid dimensional gloss for Santa's "spex"!


I'll be entering one or other of the above tags for the following challenges:-
  1. Seasons Greetings - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES with the option of LOVE - so I shall enter tag No. 1 for this
  2. Create and Make - challenge No. 8 - WINTER BLUES .. I'll be entering tag No. 1 for this
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Challenge EXTRA -  February challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES - I'll be entering tag No. 1 for this
  4. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES ... there's an optional twist of VALENTINES but I didn't use that - I'll be entering tag No. 2 for this
  5. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 321 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES - I'll be entering tag No. 2 for this
  6. As You Like It - 23rd February challenge - WHAT DO YOU MAKE BESIDES CARDS (and why) - I'll be entering tag No. 2 for this - I make tags because I like to give personalised gifts and a hand made tag and co-ordinating wrap makes it very special

17 comments:

Di said...

Super tags Kathy! Maybe something to try here when needing a KITA.

Well done on your spot over at LIM, that card was a runaway winner from the word 'Go'.

And lastly, I've never used comment moderation and instead stick to not allowing anonymous comments. Am lucky if I get an off topic comment more than a couple of tmies a year, and if I do then it's easy to just delete.

Happy Friday!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Times a year!x

lilian said...

Great tags Kathy,

love the Santa and wish I had the large set as well.

lilian

Kathyk said...

Maybe they become available once more, Lilian, keep those fingers crossed. This is the smaller scale Santa image, which just HAPPENED to be the PERFECT size for the tags I have

Kathyk

SARN said...

Great looking Xmas tags my friend. Good to hear you enjoyed an impromptu trip out despite weather!

Happy Friday.

Ps: Have never used comment moderation, but I also don't allow my blog to be searched for on a browser either, so I only get comments from those who've found me via another craft blog generally x

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, two beautiful tags, love the vintage look. Congrats on your showcase at LIM! I do use comment moderation, not sure why, maybe I will turn it off. Have a great weekend x

Viv said...

Such pretty tags Kathy, glad you enjoyed your trip out too ;) Viv xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Barb said...

I love your Christmas tags Kathy and they look great on the kraft card. A good start to 2017. It sounds like a good day out with your pal. Barbxx

Pat said...

Two fabulous tags Kathy. I love that Father Christmas and am looking forward to using him soon. I do have comment moderation and did get e-mail notification re comments but did something which stopped it, but can't remember exactly what which isn't a lot of help..lol. x

catherine said...

Great tags kathy
x catherine

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely tags Kathy. Thanks for joining us for our very first challenge at Season's Greetings. Hope to see you again soon.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Season's Greetings DT

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful tags, love the tag you've entered nice silhouette image. Thanks so much for entering Season's Greetings and also going with the optional twist, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise ~
Owner {Season’s Greetings Christmas Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Brenda said...

Wow, you were a busy girl! Your tags are all gorgeous, tho I think Santa is my favorite. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Claudia Rogier said...

Stunning, Sweet card. I love it.

Thanks for joining us at Creates and Makes Challenge.

Hugs Claudia

DT Creates and Makes

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http://createsandmakes.blogspot.be

Sue said...

Kathy these are beautiful, I do love handmade tags, they're so much more personal. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Season's Greetings, and I hope to see you again next time. Sue xx

Squirrel x said...

Kathy, I am closing my eyes and singing loudly in the hope that I really didn't just see a C****mas tag in March!! Only kidding, thanks so much for sharing with us at AYLI, you always have such style. Hugs xx