Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning

Busy old day on the crafting front yesterday, first up a card and then, a bit further down my post ....  a sneaky peek at the finished mini zig zag book .. and finally, my workdesk!


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 10½cm square
  • One piece of dark chocolate card cut to 10.9cm square
  • Two pieces of Kraft card cut to 11cm and 11.3cm square
  • Using low tack tape I masked off a shape at the bottom of one of my 10½cm square white card panels
  • Using a mini blending tool I applied (ombre style, lightest at the left) Distress Inks: fossilised amber, tea dye, vintage photo and dark espresso inks, sealing with a quick spray of Crafters Companion spray and shine
  • Inkadinkado alphabet image stamped (Typography, mine since August 2016) using Ranger Archival jet black (on the image panel) and Memento London fog (elsewhere) inks
  • Kaisercraft border image (from film edges, mine since Jan 2014) and JOFY sentiment (JOFY14 mine since June 2013) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink




I think this works as a masculine card, don't you? I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. - CAS ALPHABET
  2. Retro Rubber - challenge No. 56 - THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY - RRCB56
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - Feb 21st challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Artistic Inspirations - challenge No. 173 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 147 - ANYTHING GOES

RRCB 56

If you checked out my last post and the mini zig zag book I was making ..... here are a couple of pix of the finished item .. so you can see the embellishments


Stamping, glitter droplets and dimensional gloss, all to add a little interest for my friends
I've dated the photos and added stamping and glitter droplets
Some of the tags I made and doodled on
Closed and fastened!
Want to know how to make one yourself? Feel free to check out my earlier post (HERE) as I posted the video there.

And now .. since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday I'm happy to share my desk with you ..


Not QUITE so tidy this week but still pretty good!!

12 comments:

SARN said...

Love that masculine card you made. The mini album is looking really fantastic now and I love your embellishments and the tags. Pretty neat desk considering all the crafting you've been doing! Xxx

Pat said...

A wonderful male card Kathy and your mini album looks even better now we have seen it close up, and love the tags and pretty embellishments, a nice tidy desk too. x

Esther said...

Loving that card, Kathy! Such a crisp and contemporary feel, and the letters sprinkled around in the inked portion look brill. Your mini album is fantastic! What a great idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Susan said...

Such a terrific design. Love how your coordinated everything. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Maria A. said...

What a terrific masculine card, beautiful CAS design and wonderful colors.
Thank you for sharing it with us at RETRO RUBBER for our Birthday challenge.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful birthday card! I really love how you stamped on all sides of the card as well as the envelope! I am not seeing the name of your stamp set or how long you have owned it which is one of the requirements for our challenge in order to be picked as one of our winning cards. Please add that info if you wish to be considered. Thanks for playing along with our birthday challenge at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Linby said...

Your card has a very modern feel to it - great take on the challenge. Lovely mini book too, and in my book that is an extra tidy desk!

Donna Idlet said...

Lovely masculine card! Love how you stamped on all sides and decorated the envelope. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Katy McGloin said...

Kathy, this is a terrific card! Love the colors and CAS design. Every page beautifully coordinated! Thanks so much for adding the age information so that we can consider your card for our top picks. Hope to see you play often with Retro Rubber!!

serendipity said...

Loving the mini book, and great card, the use of the letter stamp is really unusual and effective.

Neets B said...

Gorgeous, Kathy. Those earthy tones aren't ones I reach for often but your blend looks fabulous, especially with the crisp black in the frame. Well done on creating the zig zag book, what a great keepsake.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.