Sunday, 12 February 2017

Yippee, it's Sunday!

Hey there readers and followers,

Having a good weekend? Hope so. Got a birthday party ..... all sorts of things coming up, I hardly know where to start. Got a pal who was at Stamperama yesterday - deeply envious - hoping she had a great time.

A little crafting to share with you today ....  sort of grew organically as I had a new ruling pen and some acrylic inks I wanted to play with .....


My ATC
And an angled photo which I hope shows the background stamping perhaps a little better
This photo is also a more "true" colour representation than the first but I couldn't reproduce it head on!
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in black, purple and white
  • Paints brayered over white snippet: iridescent pink, metallic purple and P.A. Fresco dolly mixture
  • Whilst that dried I "doodled" lines and dots on the black and purple layers using acrylic inks in purple, purple pearl and pearl
  • Creative Expressions letters, 49 and Market water droplets and Inkadinkado numbers stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment and Craft Stamper Free face image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



Small, but perfectly formed and using paints/brayering, stamping, doodling and drawing with acrylic inks ..... I'll be entering the above for the following mixed media challenges:

  1. Love2Create (pan pastels) challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  2. Creative Artiste - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES

Now, I made this card yesterday for the One Layer Card week challenge of OPPOSITES ATTRACT over at Simply Less Is More, using black and white as "opposite" colours .... can you see my problem? Yep ... soooo NOT a One Layer Card with four layers - DOH! Can't tell you how often I've made that mistake! Still, it's a nice card, albeit for a sad occasion, and one less I'll have to make when I next actually need a sympathy card. I also got to use a very elderly Magenta foliage image which I reckon I've probably owned (and loved) for 15 years - high time it got more use! Great weekend for using older stash as the mark II version of the card below (you can see it here) deployed stash ten plus years old too - yee haa!


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of black card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Snippets of white card (9.5 x 1cm) and black card (10 x 1.5cm )
  • Magenta foliage image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink




I was very happy with this card .. right up until I realised that ONE LAYER IT WASN'T!! Might use this layout again - perhaps in brighter colours ... IMHO it would work for many occasions.

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Inky Chicks - challenge No. 78 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  2. Pennys challenge - challenge No. 315 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING GOES

Enjoy your Sunday


11 comments:

lilian said...

Lovely Card and ATC Kathy.

Lilian

Barb said...

I love your ATC Kathy. Some great stamping. The sympathy card is absolutely perfect! Barbxx

Pat said...

Two beautiful makes Kathy and love the mix of stamps on the first and the face with the wonderful eyes certainly grabs your attention, and the black and white is so elegant and that stamp definitely deserves more use. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

SARN said...

LOVE both the colourful ATC and the monochrome sympathy card. Great stamps on each card.

Happy Sunday

Hugs,Sarn xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab projects, I like the card too.

Debs M said...

great makes- love the monochrome and stamp on the sympathy card x

catherine said...

Great cards kathy and sounds like your busy-enjoy the party
catherine

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Andree said...

A gorgeous ATC. The iridescent shimmer looks wonderful. Great layered stamping for depth and fabulous doodled borders to frame it all.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Nonni said...

Love both projects, the sympathy card is very classy looking and very appropriate for the occasion.

Wheelie Crafty said...

Absolutely awesome ATC Kathy... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk