Sunday, 12 March 2017

Easy like Sunday morning .....

Morning all,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, despite what the weather may be throwing at you!

Decided to crack on with an ATC and co-ordinating mail art ....

My ATC
As you can see, I co-ordinated my envelope too! The large pocket watch image is by Rubbadubbadoo
My ATC is placed over the address, for privacy
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in Orange, black and white
  • Lost Coast chess board image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Rubber Necker Stamp Co flying clock image and Handprints pocket watch image, along with Craft Stamper freebie sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Faux Crystal gemstones


My first instinct (given that our chosen challenge theme for March is CLOCKS) would have been to have built up some layers using my Kaisercraft backgrounds but, you know what? THAT was excatly what I did with the last set of materials I sent to her but, of course, she doesn't know what I did with my original until she receives it in with this ATC!! 

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. CAS-ual Fridays - challenge No. 169 - OFF THE EDGE
  2. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Inspiration Destination - challenge No. 123 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Moo Mania - March 8th challenge - TIME



As you can see from the two images below ... my last materials swap also had a clock theme!! SPOOKY!


 

I sent the materials on the left to her and on the right is what I made with my duplicate materials, it really  rather a coincidence, wasn't it? And here are the themes for the rest of the year



And then (and I have no idea HOW this happened ..) I "accidentally" bought a new set of Christmas stamps despite not really needing new stamps and certainly not needing Christmas stamps but ... I was powerless to resist. That said, they are so fab ..... might try this again, watch this space!

My card
And a closer view of the bling of the stckles
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White 18 x 12½cm, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 200gsm white card, cut to 17 x 11½cm
  • One piece of red card cut to 17½ x 12cm
  • White grosgrain ribbon coloured with a red alcohol marker
  • Creative Expressions snowflake border stamped using Versafine onyx black ink (twice on the image panel, leaving a small gap for the ribbon)
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Double sided tape to attach the now coloured grosgrain ribbon
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the snowflakes



I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Winter Wonderland - March 3rd challenge - USE RIBBON OR LACE
  2. ABC of Christmas - March challenge - MUST BE CHRISTMAS ... 'E is for Edge', 'F is for Family' AND 'G is for Girls' ..... I went with "E" is for EDGE with my edge/border stamp
  3. That's Crafty - March 10th challenge - BLING IT UP
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge EXTRA - March challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Sweet Stampin' Christmas - March challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

16 comments:

SARN said...

Congrats on getting the ATC challenge done.

LOVING your grungy snowflake Christmas card. Money well spent on those stamps I reckon!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful art! Thank you very much for joining Moo Mania & More!
oxo Susi

lilian said...

Great ATC

Love the card Loving the stamps.

Lilian

Barb said...

Love your ATC Kathy and the grungy Christmas stamp set is lovely. Love the card you've made. Barbxx

Liz said...

What a productive weekend you've had Kathy! Great makes and I'm glad I'm not the only only who 'accidently' manages to buy new crafty stash. ;-) xx

Pat said...

You have been busy Kathy. I love your clocks themed ATC and the chess pieces in the background work well and looks like you and your friend have devised a good mixture of themes on your list for the rest of the year. The CE stamps were certainly worth investing in and your splash of red with the ribbon is a great touch. Sometimes crafty goodies just speak to us and demand to be bought...lol. x

MaryH said...

Gosh, what a treat to see these lovely cards(ATC) tonight. I love how you coordinate the envelope with your project too. And this set of Christmas stamps is quite unusual. Love the drama of the red ribbon over the dark stamping too. TFS & Hugs.

Debs M said...

great makes and I love that new stamp set x

Kathyk said...

Thanks Debbie, me too - I was powerless to resist!!!

Kathyk

geistige_Schritte said...

Very nice the card!
Greetings Elke

Billie A said...

Fun and creative. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Stampavie and More

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

Wonderful artwork, Kathy.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Gail said...

Love the snowflake card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! --Gail

Dot said...

Such a lovely Christmas card, Kathy.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs Dorte

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card and ATC's Kathy :-) I love the black stamped snowflakes with the red ribbon! the whole design is stunning!

Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
Luv
Lols x x x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your Chriastmas card Kathy!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
Susan
DT for CHNC Extra!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!