Friday, 10 March 2017

It's ALMOST the weekend!

Morning peeps,

As we roll towards the weekend I find myself pondering whether I've had a good week or a bad week .. On the whole a good week although there was a bit of a wobble with a dental appointment on Wednesday but I had a lovely lunch with my brother and sister in law on Wednesday and my hair done on Thursday, yes, a good week - I'll worry about the repercussions from the dentist nearer the time of my next follow up appointment!

Been a little while since I did art journalling... I signed up for the Lia Sonora 30 day journal project and went off like a rocket with prompt #1 and then ... nothing - it finished at the weekend! Oh well! Then a pal, who also signed up for the same thing, published a number of her recent makes on her blog and this kind of shamed me in to having another go.... I skipped a few (QUITE a few) and here is my take on Day #20 with the prompt of "DIRECTION" and the inspirational sentiment of: "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu - I had a set of stamps in mind for this too .. always handy!


My completed journal page
And a closer view
This shows a less true colour but at least you can see the dimensional gloss!
My art journal page first pass .. needs a little something ... see images above
Brayered and stencilled
Materials used:
  • A page in my Crawford and Black 130gsm journal, previously gesso'd
  • Using a brayer I applied Fresco paints in orchid and squid ink and Deco Art purple pearl
  • Using a cosmetic sponge I applied Ranger pearl paint dabber through a Stamposaurus stencil
  • I stamped the Dylusions arrows and sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • The Dylusions doll figure was stamped on to 200gsm card using Memento tuxedo black ink and coloured with alcohol markers before fussy cutting out and sticking on to my journal page using tombow glue
  • The Dormy date stamp was inked up with the Ranger Archival ink and the sentiment and small arrowheads were drawn/written using a black Sharpie pen
  • I used a Tsukineko white gelly roll gel pen to highlight areas of the two larger arrows as well as some additional doodling around the text
  • Needed a little something extra at this point so I took my Creative Expressions set and stamped a few images from the set using either Ranger Archival jet black or Brilliance moonlight white inks
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the neckline and boots of my  image and stardust stickles to further embellish/bling her up

My base layer materials
First layer of embellishments
More stamping, some dimensional gloss, stickles and doodling with a white gel pen

Is it finished? Hard to tell .. I THINK it is but ....... you just never know!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Lovetocreate - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  2. Crafting When We Can - challenge No. 139 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  3. Mixed Media World - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES

I was delighted to discover that one of my cards made Top Three over at Through The Craft Room Door this week, thanks so much peeps


 


7 comments:

lilian said...

Great journal Kathy,


Well done on your card being picked in the top three mate,


Lilian

Pat said...

What a fun art journal page Kathy and I love the image on that prettily stamped background with those lovely bright colours. Enjoy your weekend. x

SARN said...

Lovely page. Looks like you had fun making it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

A super journal page Kathy. Barbxx

Robin said...

Wonderful journal page! Love the statement! Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck! Hugs, Robin

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge.

Claire said...

Wow this is gorgeous! fab stamping! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love to Create!
Claire xx