Bit of a change for me today ... my first project isn't a card, ATC or even a journal page!! Many of you will know that I have been swapping ATC materials with a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye for a number of years (11 to be more precise!) and, for most of that time, we've been doing the materials thing. Recently, we've both felt the need for a change so have come up with themed swaps. We will each suggest six themes and then alternate them in a "master" list.
So, new swap .... I thought this might be a good time for a new holder to put them in ..... they get a little battered going backwards and forwards in the post month after month and, to that end, I used some 300gsm Costco double sided paper/card, choosing to further strengthen with the addition of a piece of 200gsm card. Once I had made the basic shape I cut a piece of 200gsm card which I then decorated .... like so
|My four ATC holder|
|And a closer view|
- Costco 300gsm double sided paper
- Double sided tape to seal the edges and centre join (to keep the ATC's all separate)
- Rymans 200gsm white card cut to fit
- Spray inks: Dylusions bubblegum and lemon zest, Perfect Pearls sunflower sparkle and Tattered Angels glimmer mist ? (this last ink was sprayed through the Dutchdoobadoo hessian stencil) and set aside to dry
- Dylusions border stamps inked using Ranger Archival jet black ink around the outer edges before using the same ink and the Dylusions alphabet for the piece's title.
- Tsukineko white gelly roll gel pen to accent the letters
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal these water based inks - for their travels MAY involve rain!!!
- Small circle punch used to punch a thumb notch in one side of each of the ATC holder openings (to facilitate easy removal of ATC's)
- I used Tombow dual purpose glue to attach my image panel to the ATC holder
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
And now, on to my next make ..
|And a closer view showing the bling!|
|The front and back of my card and front of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope|
- White 18 x 12cm, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- White 200gsm card panel cut to 17½ x 11½cm for insert
- Penny Black leaf image and JOFY sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Self adhesive glitter droplets in turquoise and blue and tiny faux crystals, to bling up the otherwise monochrome make
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-