Saturday, 4 March 2017

Welcome to Saturday .....

Hi there,

Hope your weekend is starting off well.

Using new stash usually promotes the wellbeing of my  mojo and this week's acquisition of one of the Paper Artsy mini's has proven no exception .... in fact, I've seldom had so much fun with new stash!


My card
And a closer view of my pencil coloured image
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White 17½ x 12½cm, 300gsm, scalloped edge card and matching sized envelope
  • Red card cut to 16½ x 11½cm and 8 x 11cm
  • White card cut to 16 x 11cm and 7½ x 10½cm
  • Red satin dotty ribbon 
  • Paper Artsy ZN08 image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Unknown manufacturers sentiment (it MAY have been dimension but I'm not sure, it's shown below with the wooden handle - if anyone knows for sure then please add in comments) and Costco numeral image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Derwent Coloursoft pencils used to colour, blended with sansodor and a paper stump - I'm having fun with these pencils and I'd LIKE to think that my colouring may even be improving!
  • Stardust stickles to highlight and Plaid dimensional gloss to give him a shiny, healthy nose!




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 112 - ADD RIBBON
  2. Inky Chicks - challenge No. 79 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  3. Seize The Birthday - March 2nd challenge - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES
  4. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 174 - ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT
  5. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 467 - ANYTHING GOES
Then it was on to my next make ..... a slight change for me as I'm not a big user of dies but ......


My card
And a closer view
The back and front of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White 18 x 12½, 300gsm,card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panel cut to 11½ x 17cm
  • Teal card cut to mat with 1.6mm border and the offcut die cut in to "HAPPY" and "BIRTHDAY" using Stamplorations dies which I then ran through my Xyron sticker maker to add adhesive
  • Paper Artsy foliage from JOFY12 set stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • For the sentiment inside, on the reverse and envelope I stamped my Creative Expressions (from Urban Beats) using Brilliance pearlescent jade ink
  • Stardust stickles and faux crystal gemstones used to bling up the foliage




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 318 - MAINLY TEAL
  2. Cut It Up - challenge No. 116 - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES - MUST use die cuts
  3. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 183 - USE DIES OR PUNCHES
  4. Crafty Addicts - challenge No. 34 - ANYTHING GOES/CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  5. CASe this sketch - challenge No. 211 - SKETCH .. see below


And, I discovered that my entry for the LIM challenge No. 316 (Theme - Alphabet) was showCASed  by the LIM Design Team - really rather thrilled, thank you so much, you can see the card they chose below.


  


Today sees the birthday of a pal of mine and tomorrow another pal celebrates so please join me in wishing Jan and Wynneth a very



25 comments:

lilian said...

Thats a great image on the first card Kathy, Love both card

Lilian

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab cards kathy

Valerie Nolan said...

Two great cards Kathy, perfect CAS card for LiM, love the placement. Congratulations on being showcased I loved your thank you card!
Val x

Pat said...

Two great cards Kathy, that cute and fun image works well for a youngster's card, and the Jofy flowers look great with the large die cut sentiment. Hope the rest of your weekend is good. x

Sarah Gray said...

Your first card is lots of fun - love that quirky image, I have not seen it before but it made me smile! Your LIM card is beautifully CAS and elegant - the delicate blooms look great combined with that die cut sentiment :) Great to see you as always over at Less is More, Kathy!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Gorgeous flower image. Love both your cards.

Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Card challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Furrbster said...

Two brilliant cards Kathy!

Thanks for sharing with us at Aud sentiments for our animals challenge,

Hugz Tinz

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love that adorable little dog in the first card and the quirky flowers in the second! Thank you for your comment on my blog today! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Barb said...

Great makes Kathy! I love the image on your first card. Happy Birthday to your buddies. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

SARN said...

Fab card for a 5yr old at the top of this post, and a gorgeous die cut CAS card as well. Congrats on yr recognition at LIM XXX

Cara said...

Two very different, but very wonderful cards. Love them. Cara x

Sharon said...

Card one brought a big smile Kathy; what a super image that is. Love your second card. You should use dies more often as you rocked this one. It complements that fab stamp so well ( wish list time again - those Jofy stamps look fantastic! ) and you captured just the right amount of teal. Congrats on your well deserved showcase too. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Lisbeth van den heuvel said...

Hi
Your project is stunning, love the image and colours and design
hugs Lisbeth
DT creative knockouts
http://krealis.blogspot.be/

Debs M said...

wow well done on the placement of your alphabet stamps three times! fabby makes and well done on being showcased x

Skye said...

Two super cards. Your paper Artsy card is such fun and the teal card is a super coll CAS.
Congratulations on your LIM win. Well deserved, great design

Esther said...

What super cards Kathy! I love the cute mouse on the first one, and your card for our teal challenge is really beautiful (great way of combining it with the sketch challenge too!). Congrats on being showcased with us! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Fiona said...

Great cards Kathy. Lovely colouring on your first card and superb simple design on your second....so striking. Huge congrats on being showcased... much deserved.

Laurie Unger said...

Great job on all challenges - love the teal die cut sentiment in combination with the flower. CAS perfection!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Two fantastic cards Kathy. That top one is super cute and fun and I bet the recipient will have a little smile at that one. The teal one is CAS-brilliance to the max yet full of such wonderful detail. Loving all that sparkle to the flower head and a gorgeous bold sentiment to balance it. Great ideas and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More x

Gerrina said...

Congrats on being showcased at LIM; well desirved! Love that BD-card; such a funny image! And your LIM card is so perfect CAS! Great idea to combine the delicate flowers with that bol sentiment! Have a good week!

Rahmat said...

Love your LIM entry, I love the gems you added on the foliage!

Sandy How said...

Fab creations. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Larelyn said...

Love the simplicity of this card and the matching envelope is fabulous. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Birthday challenge.

Colleen said...

What a fun fun card on your first one...the 5 year old will love it! Thank you for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts Challenge :)