Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning peeps,

Some of you may recall a sympathy card I made recently (see it here) and which I commented that I thought it would make a nice birthday card in a different colourway ... well, here it is. I made a few changes by adding some ribbon, making the sentiment a banner and blinging it up with some gemstones but it is, essentially, the same card which is why I shan't be entering any challenges with it today.


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White 12½ x 17½cm, 300gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 11½ x 16½cm + snippet for sentiment
  • One navy card panel + snippet, cut to mat with 1.6mm border
  • Magenta foliage and Happy Little Stampers sentiment stamped using Versagine majestic blue ink
  • Narrow white grosgrain ribbon attached using Stix2 double sided tape
  • I cut the sentiment, banner style, before mounting on to navy card and attaching over my grosgrain ribbon using dimensional tape
  • Faux crystal gemstones (7) used to accent the foliage and banner




And, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, here's a sneaky peek at my desk ..






4 comments:

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW Kathy.

Love the card in blue and the changes you made.

Happy Wednesday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

This is a very versatile stamp Kathy, and I love it stamped in that pretty blue with the added ribbon and sentiment banner. Your desk looks quite tidy. I have been trying to tidy my corner up as it was getting rather cluttered, though in my case not much creativity lately. I have an ongoing problem at the moment which seems to have knocked my mojo for six but I am trying to stir myself into action. x

Darnell said...

It is a great and versatile design, Kathy! I love your makes both ways!! Hugs, Darnell

glitterandglue said...

Hi Kathy. great card. Love that stamp - real fun. Don't know if you have been to Julia's blog today, but the Crop day has changed - to September 30th.... Does that mean you can come now it doesn't clash with the birthday celebration? Hope so.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5