Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning all, 

Was out with a pal yesterday, we met at Snazzy's in Swindon - Val had the kettle on! After a natter and a bit of a shop it was off for a bite of lunch and more natter - splendid day - can't wait to do it all again.


Had to be done, after all, it WAS Shrove Tuesday!
You know how it is when you find a sketch you like? Well it's been AGES since I used a sketch (feels like it anyway) but I found one on Saturday that plainly struck a chord so ... here's its second outing on my blog - hope you like this make too. Can't remember my first? You can see it here


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14cm square + one piece 5 x 14cm
  • One piece of grey card cut to 14½cm square + one piece cut to 5.2 x 14.2cm
  • Snippets of card in white, grey and black for the circle design and sentiment
  • Kaisercraft vintage fence image stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Kaisercraft tiny dots image stamped using Memento grey flannel ink
  • Kaisrcraft bubble wrap image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Creative Expressions stars (from the elderly Urban Beats set) stamped using Versamark ink and then heat embossed using Distress EP in black soot, elsewhere I stamped the image using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Funstamps sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenge:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 317 - SKETCH, see below
  2. Come and Get It - February 26th challenge - IT'S IN THE MALE
  3. Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 253 - USE A SKETCH (any fave sketch, just be sure to mention which sketch you used .... see sketch below - I hope it was OK to use one that wasn't UYS)
  4. Everybody Art - challenge No. 397 - ENVELOPE - you can see I have matched my envelope to my card design
  5. Through The Craft Room Door - February 28th challenge - ANYTHING GOES


 
And, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk ... here's a peek at mine, I'll be entering this over at Julia's WOYWW No. 404 - where I shall be entry No. 14. I've entered this weekly for a while but missed the last couple of weeks - trouble with my wrist. Having missed the camaraderie as we visit one another's desks, I'm back this week!




I was lucky enough to be picked for one of the TOP 3 over at Country View Crafts for January with this entry .....
  

It's also the birthday of a pal of mine, the lovely Rosie, so please join me in wishing her a very




30 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning Kathy. Sorry you have been under the weather. But glad you are able to be back. That's a great card - yes, sometimes, a sketch just sets us off again, doesn't it? Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Sarah Brennan said...

I really like that first card, especially the textures background. I have all those stamps so I'll certainly be giving something like that a go. Congratulations on the top 3! Sarah #24

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love your eats, Kathy, happy birhday to Rosie, and oh I do love your card, I agree it is a great design.
BTW I love my mini misti I've taken a while to get one, and really could only afford the mini, and its adaptable for most card making, I know there other makers who've brought them out but I wanted to support the creator of the tool, as she is a Christian too, and had the smarts to think of it.
Happy WOYWW.
Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

SARN said...

mmmmmm . . . look at your YUMMY pancake feast. As it happens I went out last night and decided to partake of some pancakes . . . but they didn't look as good as yours - so I feel hard done by now! THANKS!

Your sketch card is blinking lovely mate. Interesting to see the sketch used on two different sized cards. They both work well, but today's card is my fave (not that you asked of course!).

I popped over to Rosie's blog as you'd been kind enough to link to it . . . but she doesn't seem to have blogged in a while! Left her a comment regardless!

Happy WOYWW.

PS: Hope the wrist is better.

Hugs, Sarn xxx


Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your pancakes are certainly better presented than mine LOL! Love the card and congrats on being in the top 3 with the other one! Thanks for visiting earlier! Happy WOYWW and day after pancake day! Now we'll have to wait a whole year until the next one! zsuzsa #26

donna garner said...

I must be in a minority, and forgive me my point of view, I happen to think slates are for roofs and plates are for food... We eat crepes all year round here in Brittany and oddly yesterday we didn't - just to be different? maybe I should give up crepes for lent kinda thing?...love that your desk is behind the sofa - excellent way to keep and eye on everything from your seat..and love that you have all your stuff stacked up and just enough space to work in! dxxx#28

BJ said...

Great sketch card, love the subtle colours. Super that you won over at CV. Thanks for the visit today BJ#16

Pat said...

I love this second card using the sketch Kathy and a great combination of colours and stamps. Glad you had a good day with your friend in Swindon and Happy Birthday to Rosie, and hope your wrist is better now. x

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, great cars from the sketch, love them. I must start using sketches, I have a folder full of them somewhere. Love the colours too!Well done on the Countryview Crafts win, I love that store, use it all the time. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XXX

lucy Knight said...

I don't make cards, so I don't have the terminology, but I love the dripping star design and the way the blue background looks - very fun and modern. Thanks you for sharing and have a great week - EmbroidRage #3x

Sharon Koole said...

Hope your wrist is feeling better! The card looks beautiful as does the envelope - what a great surprise it would be to receive such lovely work.

Lunch out is always fun - beautiful plate!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K 34

lilian said...

Great card Kathy,

Glad you had a great time yesterday.

lilian

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Totally distracted by that yummy looking pancake Kathy and sounds like you had a great time! I'm hungry now! Anyway back to your brilliant card, so full of detail and fun elements yet totally CAS. A fab take on the sketch and and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love that card but even more so the beautifully decorated envelope that goes with it! It's nice to see you back, you were missed - hope your wrist is on the mend now. That yummy looking pancake possible may have helped the recovery!!
Hugs, LLJ 15 xxx

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier, I've just drawn the curtains in the back room so I can't see it!!
Super pancake, the most dressing up we had was a banana! Happy birthday to Rosie, love the card ..... see nothing wrong with spring colours.
Take care and have a good week
Christine #25

Lindart said...

Totally forgot about Pancake Tuesday, but my daughter didn't - she made herself some pancakes (she live about 3 hours away) and reminisced about how we used to make pancakes for dinner every pancake Tuesday. Of course, I had forgotten about that! Funny what our kids remember! Congratulations on your award! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #40

Tracy said...

mmmmh pancakes although mine didn't look that good last night but then we had loads so that was okay :D. Loe the cards they are fabulous. Tracy #27

Neet said...

Happy Birthday Rosie!
Great card with matching stationery and fabulous looking pancake. Even though I don't like them myself I can admire them and this looks fab!
Hugs & Thanks for the visit to mine earlier,
Neet 2 xx

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, your card and envelope are lovely. Hope Rosie has had a lovely day. If she gets a cake like that she will definitely enjoy her birthday! You asked about the Oxides. I am working with them at the moment and will post some results soon. They are different to the old distress inks as they are very thick and cover paper quickly with a blending tool and if you spray water onto the stamp the image looks chalky when stamped but I still have lots more testing to do so watch this space. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafty woyww, Angela x 21

Robyn said...

great view of your desk- wonder what is in all those drawers!
robyn 4

Helen said...

great card you made from that sketch! pancake looks yummy too! Helen #5

Esther said...

What gorgeous visual texture on your card, Kathy! I love the interplay of the busy shapes and quieter colours - a really super effect. Happy birthday to your friend, and congrats on your Top 3 placing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Twiglet said...

Lovely cards and a yummy looking pancake too!! x Jo

Dorlene Durham said...

Happy birthday Rosie! Cards look great. I love the mixed media paper backgrounds. Dorlene #41

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at UYS, good luck!!! Amy DT

Amanda said...

Yum, they tasted even better than they looked, thanks for another great day I can't wait for the next one either. Hugs, Amanda x

Sharon said...

You have me drooling looking at those yummy pancakes Kathy - sounds like you has a fab day out. Wowzers! Such flair and finesse in your card! It is a treat for the eye with all the detail you manage to cram in and still keep it looking so gorgeously CAS. Glad you like the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us again at Less is More xx

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great project and yummy pancakes :) Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Come And Get In Challenges.
Hugs, Iwona

tampatha said...

I really loved the color pallette and the stamps that you chose for this card! Great job!
Thanks for joining us at UYS and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Theresa Pace said...

love your card. i thought it was a strip of gelli print at first. great colour combo. great for male card as well. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx.