Friday, 21 April 2017

Almost the weekend .. AGAIN!

Morning,

YAY! It's Friday - got anything nice to look forward to this weekend? Hope so anyway. 

I've had a good week, it was Bank Holiday on Monday and Tuesday saw me enjoying a day out with a pal, I also fitted in a hair appointment, dinner with a pal and today I've a coffee meet with another pal - all go at the purple palace.

That said, you know me ..... I seldom miss the opportunity to craft so I'd like to share a make with you today. Think this one will end up being for a young (male) teen, whaddya think?

My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 10½cm square
  • One piece of black card, cut to mat at 3.2mm border
  • Snippets of card in white, kraft and black
  • Creative Expressions image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Kaisercraft distressed film edge stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Kraftin' Kimmie - Wonderful Wednesday April 19th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Mod Squad - challenge No. 19 - WHEELS (on my skateboard!)
  3. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 339 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Sentiments - April 18th challenge - FOR THE MEN/BOYS



And a Christmas card make .. in an attempt to get ahead of the game in 2017! I thought it was time to get out my alcohol markers as they've been a bit neglected of late - in favour of coloured pencils! I also needed to try out some new cardstock from Xerox, Colotech 300gsm. I've been using Rymans 200gsm so this IS an upgrade though I have yet to try any watercolouring using it ..... the real reason I'm venturing away from Rymans.


My card
And a closer view of the image panel
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • White Colotech card cut to 11cm and 10cm square
  • Red 300gsm card cut to 11½cm square
  • Penny Black image stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the snow and Plaid dimensional gloss for Santa's eyeglass lenses





I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 238 - HOLIDAY
  2. ABC of Christmas - April challenge - H is for HOME and/or I is for INFORMAL
  3. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - April challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Seasons Greetings - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING GOES + Optional twist ... which I didn't use
  5. The Holly and the Ivy - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

 

Woo Hoo, I got an honourable mention over at The Male Room for their challenge #57 - a colour challenge

    Honourable Mention Badge
This was my card, it's the second award this card has won, I'm honoured

13 comments:

Martina Bartušková said...

Cute coloring! Love the shiny details. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
Martina DT
My blog

lilian said...

Great colouring Mate, That's a lovely male card.

Congratulations on your honourable mention.

lilian

SARN said...

I absolutely LOVE that top card . . . perfect for a male teen like you say!

. . . and the Christmas card is lovely too. Great Santa!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

You have had a busy week Kathy and these two cards are fabulous. I think the first is definitely great for a teen, and I love the distressed film strip behind the image, and then this fun PB Santa and Snowman which you have coloured beautifully with your alcohol markers. Have a good weekend. x

Craft-E-Place said...

Love your Christmas card. Kathy. Such a cute image so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
Elaine DT

Cara said...

Love both these cards and congratulations on your HM. Cara x

Janis Lewis said...

Cute Christmas card! Thanks for sharing at Holly & Ivy.
~DT Janis

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful masculine card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

beatriz blazquez arrabal said...

Great masculine card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz

Cindy Horvath said...

What a wonderful masculine card - great use of "wheels". Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

Lisa S. said...

Thanks for entering your Christmas card at ABC Christmas Challenge. It's super cute!
Lisa DT

Tracey T said...

The jolly Santa stamp is fab and the way you've decorated the envelope is just lovely. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

Danielle Vincent said...

Fantastic masculine card Kathy! I think any young man would like to receive this! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges