Saturday, 15 April 2017

It's the Easter Bank Holiday weekend .....

Hi there readers,

Ever had some challenges that you really WANT to enter ... and yet circumstances conspire against you? This  morning was one of those, I normally check the Simply Less Is More challenge blog and then scoot off to my ToC. NOT THIS MORNING! My computer decided to lie on the desk with its legs in the air at almost EXACTLY the time I wanted to be checking the challenge. It decided to do its regular updates since I wasn't using it! Only it couldn't - so it then took MORE time to UNDO those updates - grrr. Those of you who know me personally will probably know that my PC crashes (full on blue screen crash) more often than it should but, when it's up and running it's fine so I simply can't face replacing it. So, I left the IT department in charge and headed to the ToC, having checked the challenge on my phone! And nothing went right there either - see below for the rest of the story - here's the finished make - I now plan to lie in a darkened room for a while - nothing is ever as simple as it seems!


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 10½cm square
  • White Bristol board snippet and snippets in DCWV textured green card and black card
  • Sprinkling leaf green brusho I spritzed with water and then dried with a heat gun
  • Penny Black foliage stamped using Versafine onyx black, once dry I spritzed this panel with Crafters Companion spray and shine, to protect the water based colour
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I attached the 10½cm square front panel to the base card using dimensional foam tape - I would NORMALLY matt that layer but felt I needed the added white space




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 324 - SPRING WALK
  2. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 239 - FLOWERS or ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting by Designs - April 12th challenge - GIRLS or FLOWERS - no prizes for guessing I went with flowers!
For some truly bizarre reason, the Simply Less Is More challenge gave me a lot of trouble today, and the card above was attempt number THREE!! I first stamped a lovely image from Jayne Nestorenko which was NBUS ... not happy with that (it's not terribly "ME" .. probably why it's never before seen ink) and then an equally lovely image by Crafty Individuals but I decided it was more autumnal than spring - check out the ALMOSTS!





HAPPY EASTER to all who celebrate it




18 comments:

lilian said...

The card is really nice Kathy and I have the Jayne Nestorenko stamps and I love them, Although i don't use them as much as i should.

Lilian

Kathyk said...

Thank you Lilian. I like the Jayne Nestorenko image too but nothing was going right this morning! I have popped the stamped image in the drawer so it MAY get coloured and used at some point

Kathyk

SARN said...

Well it was third time lucky then, as your LIM card is gorgeous.

Hope the IT dept can sort naughty pooter out

Hugs, Sarn.

Cara said...

I did laugh at your description of your computer with its legs in the air! Love the card you finally made, very Spring like. Cara x

Pat said...

Sorry you are having trouble with your computer today Kathy and hope it is soon sorted, but third time lucky as this card is really great and love the brusho background and the pretty matting and layering, and hopefully you will get to use the other two stamped images too. x

Gerrina said...

Sounds like a morning to forget quickley and start the Easterweekend again this afternoon...
Love the flower cardset! Looks realy like spring! Enjoy the Easterweekend!

Sherri said...

This is a gorgeous get well card guaranteed to cheer someone up the minute they open it. Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Wendy Johnson said...

Well it sounds like you have had a bit of a stressful bank holiday weekend!! I hope things are a bit more relaxing now and you have left the darkened room!! But despite it all , your card turned out lovely.

Dorothy S said...

Sorry for all the difficulties - I think we can all relate to the mental image of a computer with legs in the air!!!
At any rate, the third time is definitely the charm - I really like this type of layout but seldom use it. Thank you for entering the QKR Stampede weekly challenge - anything goes with the option of flowers. Dorothy S, DT member. Happy Easter!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A perfect take on a spring card including colour and images. Hope things settle down a bit soon for you and you can enjoy the Easter weekend. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

Esther said...

Awww noes! What a nightmare time you've been having. Hope the computer is behaving again and feeling suitably ashamed of itself after a stern word from the IT department! Loving your card so it was definitely a case of third time lucky, as it's really stunning with that gorgeous Brusho background and elegant floral. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

serendipity said...

Great cards, Kathy. I like your 2 'almosts' but I do like your 3rd one the best. Super Brusho background. I've been having a bit of a Brusho spree recently. Now just need to think what to do with the big pile of backgrounds!

Linby said...

Third time lucky - it's lovely. Although the almosts look good, maybe another day? I'm still trying to figure out ToC??
Maybe you would like to enter it into our Spring challenge at Penny Black & More.
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk/

Craft-E-Place said...

There are just some days when things conspire against you! In spite of your day's beginning you have produced a beautiful card.
Elaine

Scrapmate said...

Some days you just need to get back into bed and pull the duvet over you but as Scarlett O'Hara says 'Tomorrow is another day'. You've still managed to make a gorgeous card though. I love the flower stamp you've used.

Doreen Agius said...

Beautiful card Kathy, love the yellow and green touches, so elegant. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Design and good luck xxx

Sharon said...

Third attempt it may have been but it turned out so beautifully Kathy. What a nightmare of a day you had, (a bit like my whole week has been!) so glad you persevere because the finished result was well worth it. Love the image!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Skye said...

A lovely take on the spring walk theme. I like the green and yellow combination, so spring. I hope the IT department have worked their magic and your computer is up and running again.