Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning all,

I've a couple of new followers so I should like to thank you for stopping by my blog and for indicating you like it .. by following me, I hope you will stop by again soon.

A friend stopped by recently, no other reason than "she was passing" ..  I love this kind of impromptu visit. Whilst she was chatting we got round to crafting ... she's taken up painting and we've started to have this kind of chat every now and again, and heaven knows how we did it, but we got around to the subject of Kokopelli, she was planning on painting one as a gift for a friend. At this point I said I had a couple of Kokopelli images and stepped to the ToC to find them and, find them I did. Once she'd gone I returned to the ToC with a view to putting them away again and then thought "hang on, you've not used either image in a couple of years .. and they ARE out so, why not use them?" Since I didn't have a good answer, the project below developed using, IMHO, warm Aztec colours of oranges/reads and teal - see what you think...


My card
A close up view of my image which, hopefully, shows the ombre colouring a little better
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square and an offcut of white card cut to 13cm wide
  • DCWV textured dark teal card (actually two pieces of 6" x 6" from a pad) cut to 14cm square and to mat my image panel leaving a 1.6mm border
  • Taking the strip of white card I applied Distress Inks (ombre sstyle) using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad: spiced marmalade, carved pumpkin, candied apple and fired brick - sealing with a quick spritz of Crafters Companion spray and shine
  • Kokopelli "band" by Copper Leaf Creations stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to the coloured panel and to the rear of my card and envelope
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Small Kokopelli, by Stamps on Fire stamped on the front of the envelope using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Large Kokopelli, by Judikins, stamped on the insert using Versafine onyx black ink
  • I then added an odd number of glittered teal "droplets"



I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Happy Little Stampers - April challenge - BLEND
  2. Heart2Heart - April 10th challenge - WHIMSICAL
  3. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - HIP HOP ...lateral thinking with Hip Hop "music"!!!
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - April 11th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

If you stopped by my blog on Sunday then you will have seen that I appear to have been deploying some pretty elderly stash lately - feeling good about it too as these poor images have certainly done nothing to deserve languishing away in a drawer now, have they? One of my friends said she last saw them (well, one of them anyway) deployed on an ATC in 2013!!! I'm only surprised I didn't have to DUST them before I could use them!

I also discovered that I won over at Through The Craft Room Door this morning - thanks peeps, already e-mailed them to claim my prize .. and a GDTM slot too.
 I won!

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, please allow me to share a peek of the ToC (Table of Craftiness) this week - I have temporarily relocated to my CToC - that's "Colouring Table of Craftiness!! I'll be entering this for Julia's WOYWW #410, where I shall be entry #14



25 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning Kathy. Great card - and well done on some great ombre work!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

lilian said...

Love the images Kathy, the colour background is lovely,

Congratulations on your win.

Lilian

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love your acronyms! I'm currently working at the NCKT (the Non Crafting Kitchen Table, lol!!)
I'd never heard of Kokopelli but really like the images - they go really well with that hot burnt orange. And the devil is in the detail eh, because I love the way you carry on the stamping into the envelopes too, that's so pleasing!
Hugs, LLJ 13 xxx

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love the card. Awesome image and such vibrant colours. Liking the JOFY stamp set I can see too! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxXx

Barb said...

A lovely card Kathy. Great colours and I like the way you've stamped the envelope. Congratulations on your win. Barbxx

Bubbles said...

The cards are great! Such fun stamped images :)
Have a wonderful Wednesday :)
Bubbles
#26
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/woyww-410.html

SARN said...

Good heavens that ToC is NEAT and TIDY. I am totally impressed!

LOVE your Kokopelli card and colour scheme.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

What a bright and pretty background for your Kokopelli images Kathy, and the blending is wonderful, also love those teal sequins. x

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy lovely cards, the oranges and the black just work so well together and I love how you've blended them. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela xXx20

Julia Dunnit said...

I LOVE the acronyms Kathy, I may have to label my workroom with a load of them! I have the Judikins Kokopelli too, but I love the others, aren't they fun. Reckon you've got the ombré techinique perfectly, blimey it's really lovely.

Helen said...

love the cards and those images. your table is very clear!! Helen #1

serendipity said...

love your Kokopelli card, such warm happy colours (though -pardon my ignorance- I had to google Kokopelli)

Monica said...

Kokopelli is often used here and especially in New Mexico where he is a symbol of fertility. The brunt orange background is perfect as his homeland has rocks and sands that appear that color in the setting sun. It is a lovely happy card.
have a great week.
Monica #31

Cara said...

Love those images against the rich orange background. I'm super impressed that you could find them too! No chance of that in this house! Cara x

Dorlene Durham said...

Love the card...images, ombré background and the colors you decided to use. Have a great week. Dorlene #34

Kylie said...

Those Aztec figures are so fun! I LOVE your blended background. The perfect colours for your dancers. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the way that the card and envelope link together. Stunning ombre work too. Sarah #9

BJ said...

Oh so had to google Kokopelli, fertility deity indeed - LOL. Lovely card. Thanks for visiting me yesterday, just getting round to catching up now. BJ#5

Neet said...

I have some Kokopelli images somewhere - love the oranges you have used to set them off.
Have a lovely Easter.
Hugs, Neet 3

Alpna said...

Lovely project. Love the stamps. Thanks for showing your work on TTCRD.
Alpna-DT

Sue Reynolds said...

Love your colorful background. Kokopelli's are very popular here in Arizona and when my son first moved out here they had a Kokopelli clock, but when they moved back East I'm not sure where it is now. Thank for sharing with us at Heart2Heart and hope you join us for some of the other April Challenges...you have all month and can go back to previous challenges for that month.

Mrs.D said...

Kathy, what beautiful cards you made, and how organised to be able to explain what materials you used. I could never do that.
Thanks for the visit, sorry I am late returning.
Chris #10

okienurse said...

Awesome cards! I have several stamps that I haven't used in years and should do the same thing...break them out and use them! Have a happy holiday and I great week. Vickie #38

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful cards Kathy and I love how you used the image on the envelopes too...wishing you a very Happy Easter and thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Brandi said...

I love it! The colouring is gorgeous and the little dancing people are great, so fun! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Brandi R
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
DT Member – H2H Challenges