Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning,

Had a lovely day out with a pal yesterday, weather was nice too which made it even better - thanks for sharing your day with me Amanda - look forward to a July date too!

I swap ATC's with a few people and have done for years ......... I've had a bit of a run on them recently so thought it was time to whip up a few more so .. I have one to share with you today.

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of black card cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of white card cut a little smaller
  • La Blanche collage image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • A dash of colour added to the eyelids and mouth using two crayola pencils 
  • Once the image was dry and using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad I applied Distress Inks: tattered rose and Victorian velvet before adding picked raspberry around the outer edge finished with a quick spritz of Crafters Companion spray and shine to protect the water based inks
  • Craft Stamper free image (Visible Image mini flourish) stamped around the outer edge of the black layer
  • Deep pink glittered droplet added to the centre of the clock face to "bling it up" a bit




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Cards and more - challenge No. 182 - MONOCHROME
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - April 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Come and Get it - April 16th challenge - IT'S A GIRL THING
  4. Lil Patch of crafty friends - challenge No. 56 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - challenge No. 82 - E is for ELEGANCE

Following the super simple ATC ..... now - a project I started on Saturday by stamping the image for the LIM challenge of Spring walk but couldn't come up with a way to finish it that I was happy with. Having recently acquired some fab pencils I felt the urge to practise so ... had a faff with it and coloured it and here it is .... boy, colouring in is so therapeutic!


My card
A closer view of the image panel and colouring
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
 Materials used:
  • White 5" x 7", 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • White card panels cut to
  • Bright blue card cut to mat with a 3.2mm border
  • Snippets of card in white, blue and bright blue card
  • Jayne Nestorenko image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour before matting on to blue and then bright blue card
  • Blue polka dot grosgrain ribbon
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

 


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 324 - SPRING WALK - my 2nd entry for this
  2. Cards in envy - April 17th challenge - PRETTY PASTELS
  3. Ribbon Girl - April 16th challenge - ANYTHING GOES (but MUST use and image and ribbon)
  4. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 142 - ONE FOR THE GIRLS
  5. Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 192 - USE RIBBON or LACE

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday ... my ToC (Table of Craftiness) currently looks a little like this ... I'll be entering this over at the Stamping Ground blog for the WOYWW challenge No. 411 - and where I shall be entry No. 7



Oh and thanks so much to the good peeps at Sweet Stampin', for picking my card as one of their Top3 for their TRAVEL challenge recently, much appreciated. The card was the one below.


grab button for Sweet Stampin     

35 comments:

Esther said...

Now that's a craft table in serious use! Loving your card. The colouring is great and the shading on the boy's t-shirt is really fab. Perfect design for our spring walk challenge with such a lovely warm feel to it. Great ATC too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

lilian said...

Thats a great ATC Kathy and love the spring walk card, i really love the image I should use mine more,

Lilian

sandra de said...

Great images on your ATC and I think the card is very sweet. Love the colouring I thought it was watercolour then read your list.
Very nice pencil colouring.
sandra de @10

Sarah Brennan said...

Congratulations on your top 3. That LaBlanche stamp from your ATC looks useful. Love the colouring too. Sarah #11

Neet said...

Love your colouring - agree it is very therapeutic. Dropped my tin of polychromos yesterday, am hoping they are not broken down the leads. Sad face!
Nice atc, lovely image and Distress Inks do it for me every time.
Hugs, Neet 22 xx

Angela Radford said...

Lots of lovely projects on the go this week. The card is so well finished, gorgeous. Have a great crafty week and happy woyww,
Angela x16x

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, gorgeous cards, and love your colouring. Not my strongest thing, I'm afraid. And because I'm in a bit of a struggle with it, I find it a bit stressful! lol. By the way- PIF- Pay It Forward. We send to the next person in the list, plus any separate arrangements we make with others. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #15 XxX

Jane Willis said...

Two gorgeous projects. Thank you for sharing at SOSS
Jane

BJ said...

Super cards and ATC, love the motorbike one the best.

BJ#13 just back from the dentist, still numb and trying to fill time before being allowed lunch, but not until after 2pm!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What sweet cards and your colouring is wonderful! (My favs are the decorated envelopes!). Many congrats on getting the stamping awards woohoo :-D. If you're making atcs now, you'll be all already for the woyww swap...you only have to swap with the next person on the list but quite often we share with other desking friends too. I usually raid Julia's stash to make mine but I don't have that this year...*sniffles*
Hugs, LLJ 1 xxx

Pat said...

I love your two makes Kathy, and the La Blanche image looks great on the ATC and the beautifully coloured sweet Jayne Nestorenko stamp has been so prettily matted and layered here. Glad you had a good meet up with your friend Amanda. Your ToC definitely looks as though you have been busy too. x

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the image and coloring of it on your card for our challenge--Pretty Pastels. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Dana Johnson said...

Awesome projects! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge! ~DT Dana

Izzy Scrap said...

Hmm, seems familiar to me ! Very nice colouring and the ideal card for the spring walk challenge ! I have already done a card with this stamp set so I have to find another idea ! Thanks for sharing !

Vicky Fisher said...

That Lablanche stamp is fab, as is the ATC you made with it. And indeed coloring can be very relaxing.Happy WOYWW, Vicky #4

Diana Taylor said...

I love the ATC - what a fab stamp you've got there, I should imagine it's very versatile. The card is very sweet and I know what you mean about how therapeutic colouring in can be - I love it!
Hope you have a good, and thanks for stopping by mine,
Diana #6

SARN said...

Congrats on your motorcycle card being picked out for special mention.

Lovely ATC and fab colouring in for your card. You have been busy!

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, Loving your ATC and card. Well done on getting your motorcycle card picked as one of the top three.

What a great idea to stamp the envelope.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #7

Helen said...

you always have so much to share - you're always so productive! Helen #3

Lindart said...

Love the ATC - I'm a sucker for faces! I like how you incorporated the clock as well, and the pink bling does add a nice touch! Your friends card is very cute - I have a few similar line drawn stamps, but I don't think they are by the same person. Thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

Sharon Madson said...

Love your ATC; thanks for telling us how you did it. Your card is beautiful too, and I like that you also do the inside and the envelope. I try to do that, but then get in a hurry to get a card in the mail! :) Happy WOYWW! #38

Cara said...

Lovely card and ATC. Your colouring of the back of the tshirt is amazing. Cara x

Bubbles said...

I love La Blanche stamps - they have the best swirls :)
That card is inspired - it's so difficult to think up really good cards for men and my hubby may get one similar to this for our anniversary next month :)
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #27

LisaM said...

Haha! That's what my desk looks like right now! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey more stunning stash on display Kathy and 2 different but totally brilliant cards. I love that little couple on their spring walk and your colouring is fabulous. A great take on our challenge and thanks so much for playing with us at Less is More this week. x

Neva Zver said...

Oh this is beautiful, what a lovely interesting card. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Donna said...

Great ATC
Love that vintage image
Thanks for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for our E is for Elegant challenge!!

Sherry said...

Thanxx For Sharing At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends
Sherry @ LPOCF DT

cotnob said...

A super card Kathy, such a pretty image - a great take on the Less is More theme.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dotty Jo x said...

Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Jo x

Sharon said...

What a ToC that is!!! Loads of lovely goodies there. So glad you finished that image Kathy as it is another super example for our spring walk theme. The coloured pencils lend such a soft look to the image which is delightful. Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Less is More xx

Jeanie Ellis said...

Love your cards, Kathy! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Majo said...

A beautiful ATC! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Majo - DT ♥

Maike von maikreations said...

Great ATC! Thank you for joining our "Monochrome" challenge over at the Cards und More Challenge Blog! Happy crafting, Maike

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

My ATC's never look how I picture them in my head, those are amazing. Thanks for being Elegant with the Sisterhood.