Monday, 15 May 2017

Monday, FUNday!

Morning everyone,

Another Monday post from me whilst I keep hitting the ToC!! Time to get a little grungey here ....

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in grey, navy and white
  • Distress Inks in peeled paint and punice stone applied using a mini blending tool and foam pad and then hickory smoke applied through a Carabelle number stencil and then hickory smoke through a Tim Holtz circles stencil before setting aside to dry
  • Once dry I stamped the Impression Obsession text and the Stampers Anonymous "man with umbrella" using Versafine onyx black ink (not pictured, oops!)
  • MFT splatter image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink, to look like rain!
  • Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen (white) used to doodle a border


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge 281/282 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 57 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Hiding In My Craft Room - challenge No. 300 - USE SCRAPS
And then, for a change, I used some patterned card - woo hoo!

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card and white card both cut to 5¼ " x 4"
  • DCWV card from the Rock Star stack cut to 5" x 3¾"
  • Snippets of card in white, grey and black
  • Dina Wakley star image stamped using Ranger Archival vermilion ink
  • Inkadinkado small sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • RubberNecker Birthday sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Diamond stickles used to add some texture, interest and sparkle to the stars



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. My Time To Craft - challenge No. 345 - MASCULINE
  2. That's Crafty - May 12th challenge - BACK TO BLACK (predominantly black)
  3. Through The Purple Haze - challenge No. 124 - GLITTER
  4. The Male Room - challenge No. 60 - STARS
  5. Stampotique - challenge No. SDC273 - ONE FOR THE BOYS



14 comments:

lilian said...

Love the background on the first card Kathy, the colour is really in keeping with the image.

WOW I cannot remember when you last used background paper. Both Great cards,

Lilian

SARN said...

Brilliant grungy ATC and another fab card featuring stars!
Have a great day!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love the ATC Kathy with lots of fabulous detail, and the card has a gorgeous dp background which goes perfectly with the stars topper and I adore the colours. x

Di said...

Wonderful snippets ATC Kathy - love the image every time I see it! Timeless.

And I think that's perhaps the first time I've ever seen you using patterned paper on a card :)

Hugs

Di xx

This N That said...

This card is perfect for a boy! Thank you so much for playing along with Stampotique!

Cara said...

Love the grungy ATC and your card is fab. Have a great week, Cara x

serendipity said...

Woo Hoo - patterned paper! My challenge is working already 😀
Great card and ATC. Your stamps go perfectly with the dreaded P/P
and love the man with umbrella stamp

Gay Peplow said...

Great job with your masculine card, I love it! Thanks for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge 😊

Christine said...

Super ATC card..

Jane said...

Fabulous starry card, love that background paper! Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Julie Steed said...

Fabulous! I love the bit of blue trim around the first in combination with the distressed colors. The second is a very 'dude' birthday card, too. Thank you for joining our challenge at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.

Linby said...

Great cards, I was inspired to get the TH man out this week too! Love your star card, I'm still thinking about mine.

Jo said...

Great card. Love the ATC too.
Thanks for playing along at My Time To Craft :)

Jools Robertson said...

Great card, nice colours and patterns
Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge

Jools x