Saturday, 27 May 2017

Welcome to a challenge post Saturday

Hi there readers,

Ever buy a stamp that you love but wonder how often you will use it? I used to do this all the time but have tried to break myself of this habit lately. HOWEVER, the image below was one such purchase recently, I am delighted to have used it on several cards, an ATC and even a "ZINE", which I plan to share with you all in my post of May 30th! I've been that busy I have posts stacked up waiting to publish!! Anyhoo, on to this fun image make .....

My card
And a closer view of the image panel
The front and back of my card and the reverse of my envelope
I NORMALLY match the envelope front too but didn't feel it would work with this image
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾"
  • One piece of aubergine card cut to the larger size
  • Snippets of card in both colours, for the image panel and matting
  • Gourmet Rubber Stamps image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image
  • Mod Podge dimensional gloss to add shine to the coffee cup and diamond stickles to bling up those rollers!
  • Lime/purple ribbon, to add interest and dimension



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 479 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  2. Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 48 - INSPIRED BY A SONG ..... can you guess? I'm going with "I don't like Mondays"!

And now for another make ..


My card
And a close up of the shimmer
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾"
  • One piece of black card cut to the larger size above
  • Snippets of card in both black and white
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Studio 490 dotty circle stamped using Ranger Archival inks in vibrant fuchsia and paradise teal
  • Tsukineko shimmer spray applied over image panel
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival mini in paradise teal



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 330 - SHIMMER
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 331 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 134 - FOR THE GIRLS - must use a feminine image
  5. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 47 - ANYTHING GOES

14 comments:

Esther said...

Fab cards Kathy! The first one really made me giggle (great colouring too). LOVING your shimmer card for our challenge! How fabulous, really pretty and stylish. The sentiment links in brilliantly to the theme. Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Lillianb said...

Two great cards Kathy,

Lilian

SARN said...

I think you've nicked my mojo . .. you've done so much crafting you have posts lined up, whereas I've done nothing for weeks! OK, I posted this week, but that was a card I made a while back and hadn't got around to blogging!

Anyway . . . I'll be able to pinch it back off you shortly!

Now . . . onto your cards . .. LOVING the first image . . . perfect for the kind of cool gals us older ladies are! And ALSO loving the second card with the fab image and sentiment and sparkliness.

Hugs, Sarn x

Nonni said...

Wow, the shimmer spray looks amazing and the sentiment is just perfect for our challenge too! I love the retro feel of your stamped circles. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Pat said...

I love the fun lady and so prettily coloured too Kathy, and a lovely check ribbon in the background, and then the second card with that beautiful silhouette which looks great with the dotty circles in the background, and a wonderful sentiment which looks great in that matching blue. x

Gerrina said...

Your LIM-sparkle card is such a great one; love how you tackled the challenge! And I always aske myself if I can make at least 3 different things with a stamp I like and than mostly buy it...even than there are way too many beautiful usefull stamps:)! Hugs, Gerrina

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous take on our challenge Kathy ! Love how your background is shimmering ! And this sentiment is perfect too for our challenge ! Wonderful ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us at Less is More !

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, love the image on the first one and the shimmer is yummy on the second x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sarah Gray said...

Two fun and sassy cards, Kathy! I love the shimmer on your LIM card - it works perfectly with the silhouette. Great to see you at Less is More, as always :)

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, I especially like the second one - lots of lovely shimmer, perfect for this weeks Less is More challenge.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linby said...

Great cards. Love your shimmer and what a great idea to use a spray. Aren't those new little ink pads just sooo cute!

Daffodil Cards said...

Both beautiful cards, love the one you have entered into our challenge, great quote and shimmer. Thank you for joining us at Morgan's Artworld ATG challenge. Faith DT

Cazro said...

Fabulous interpretion for our challenge, loving your song choice. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT