Friday, 19 May 2017

Wot? Another weekend? Doesn't seem like long since the last one!

Morning all,

The week's are flying by here, as you can tell from my post title! Hope you have something fab to look forward to this weekend.

We were scheduled to go out to dinner with friends last evening but one was ill, the three of us decided on a closer restaurant and didn't linger, hubby took a tempting morsel home for the patient - get well soon, Koreen.

I am so loving the mini cats and dog set so it will come as no surprise that I have an ATC to share with you which features one of each .. don't you just love it when you buy new stash and it makes you happy to use it? SOOOO much better than taking it out of the drawer at some point and wondering why the heck you bought it .. yep, done that too!

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in navy and white
  • On to the white snippet I stamped the Stampers Anonymous cat and dog using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils used to colour, blended with the Finesse blender pen (I LOVE IT)
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Tsukinekos gelly roll white gel pen used to doodle my "paw prints" and border



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Artistic Inspirations - challenge No. 179 - ANYTHING GOES/KEEP IT SIMPLE
  2. Inspiration Destination - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Kraftin' Kimmie - May 17th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 27 - ANYTHING GOES

And, oh dear, I don't seem to be able to stop myself using these cats and dogs. I've always shied away from colouring "white" dogs but thought I'd have a go with this one - what do you think? Did it work? I lacked the courage of the "white dog" with alcohol markers but somehow the gentler technique of building colour with pencils gave me the look I was aiming for - my thanks to Sarn for sending me the Coloursoft pencils in the first place - you can see how much I am appreciating them.


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 5¼" x 4" and 5" x 3¾" + snippet for sentiment
  • One piece of DCWV "Old World" stack cut to 5¼: x 5" + snippet for matting sentiment
  • Stampers Anonymous dog stamped using Memento tuxedo black, including once on to post it which I then fussy cut out and used as a mask before stamping my Studio 112 frame using Memento tuxedo black over the top of my (now masked) dog
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils and finesse blending pen used to colour image
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black on to snippet, cut out and matted on to a snippet of the DCWV card
  • Diamond stickles used to highlight the dogs eyes and frame




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 5 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafting When We Can - challenge No. 144 - BRIGHT AND COLOURFUL
  3. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 242 - MAKE YOUR MARK
  4. Deep Ocean - challenge No. 155 - OUR FURRY/FEATHERED FRIENDS
  5. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 180 - ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT

10 comments:

Gina said...

OMG those pooches are just so cute!!! Thank you for sharing them with us at CWWC challenge :D XXX

Maritza Rios said...

Adorable card!. Thanks you for joining with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry
Maritza DT

Pat said...

Some more of these sweet and fun cats and dogs here today Kathy. I love the ATC with the paw prints round the edge and great colouring, and then the card with the great shading on the dog and love the frame around it and some pretty paper matting and layering. Have a lovely weekend. x

Cara said...

Love your ATC and card. You did a great job colouring the dog! Cara x

SARN said...

These 2 projects are just lovely Kathy. GREAT colouring too (thanks for the shout out!). So glad you found the blender pen.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

Great creations here Kathy,you did great again 😀 Viv xx

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant creation .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Vickie Y said...

Super cute! Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge.

Creative world said...

Beautiful card,awesome CAS design and great colors...Thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE
Željka DT xx