I've been a fan of Doctor Who since it started (first time around, in black and white!!) and today I've a "WHO"vian themed ATC to share with you this morning, having recently acquired a set of WHOvian stamps from Viva Las Vegas. This ATC was inspired by one of my favourite episodes of the rebooted series - the weeping angels episode "BLINK", from series III!
|My "weeping angels" ATC|
- ATC blank
- White card cut to ATC size
- I stamped my weeping angels image (from Viva Las Vegas plate #925) using Memento tuxedo black ink on to the white card and again on to a full adhesive cover post it which I then cut out and used as a mask
- I stamped my TARDIS over the masked angel using Versafine majestic blue ink and then again on to a full cover adhesive post it note which I then cut out and used as a mask
- Using a Tim Holtz mini blender I applied Distress Inks in tumbled glass, weathered wood and salty ocean around the masked images
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour the TARDIS and angel image
- Once completed I applied a layer of Crafters Companion spray and shine, to protect the water based inks against the weather the ATC might encounter in transit!
- I stamped the sentiment (from the same VLV plate) using Memento tuxedo black ink before adding cool grey and antique white alcohol markers to take the edge off the bright white of the card. The sentiment didn't fit across my ATC in one piece so I cut round it, ran it through my Xyron sticker maker and adhered in two pieces, drawing around the outer edge using a Faber Castell pitt pen
- Finally, I used a black alcohol marker around the outer edge of the ATC .. basically because the ATC blank was bright red and it looked odd!