Monday, 12 June 2017

Welcome to Monday

Morning all,

Hope you all had a good weekend and even some good weather ... Saturday was pants but Sunday was better - managed some crafting, hence posting on a day I wouldn't normally!

Christmas is getting closer .. I know .. you're all saying "Nooooooooooooo, too early to think about CHRISTMAS" but .. longest days only a week away and it's downhill all the way! Anyhoo, I've been TRYING to make a couple of "C" cards each month, to prevent it becoming a sprint to finish my makes in time to send them! This one, however, will be a hand delivery .. as it uses both dimensional foam tape and dimensional snowflakes!


My card
 

The front, back and inside of my card, along with the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, car and matching sized envelope
  • 9½cm diameter circle die cut from white card
  • 10cm diameter scallop edged card die cut from navy card
  • Using a Tim Holtz mini blender I set about colouring my white circle using Distress Inks in tumbled glass, salty ocean and faded jeans, leaving a lighter section which I HOPED would end up over my houses, to give the impression there were lights on!
  • Inkadinkado border images and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and Ranger Archival ink
  • Mary Engelbreit "falling stars" image stamped multiple times using Versafine onyx black ink
  • I also stamped the sentiment and part of the reindeer on to a snippet of white card which I then matted on to a snippet of navy using dimensional foam tape - to form a stop for the easel
  • After a squirt of crafters companion spray and shine (to seal the D.I.'s) I positioned my easel on to my scored card and then placed my "stop" sentiment
  • Stardust stickles to highlight stars
  • Two iridescent snowflakes added using glossy accents .. primarily to add a downward weight to my image panel/easel!




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - May/June Rudolph Day - DIFFERENT SHAPED .. it's different for me, AGES since I made an easel card!
  2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 337 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES + OPTIONAL theme of non traditional Christmas colours
  3. Winter Wonderland - June 9th challenge - ADD SNOWFLAKES
  4. Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 134 - SHAPED CARD .. I'm hoping it will still qualify despite using a square card blank
  5. Christmas Card challenges - challenge No. 14 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES wit OPTIONAL challenge (that I didn't use) of SILVER AND RED

9 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous easel card, Kathy, what a great scene you've created. xx

Lillianb said...

Lovely card Mate,
Love the scene very nice

Lilian

SARN said...

FANTASTIC shaped card. Love easel cards cuz they stand up so well! Great scenic festiveness!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

This is a fantastic shaped card Kathy and I love the pretty scene you've created on the circular topper and the sentiment works perfectly as a stopper for the easel. x

Cara said...

Brilliant easel card, love your blended inky sky, just perfect x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I love easel cards! I also love the way you decorate your envelope, too!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Pat K said...

Beautiful card and I love the stamping on the envelope. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 337 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too x

Tip Top said...

Great card love the colours! Thanks for joining in over at Crimbo Crackers - hope to see you again soon!