Monday, 31 July 2017

Monday funday ...

Morning readers,

Good weekend? I HOPE that the decidedly "IFFY" weather didn't spoil your plans. We had originally planned a BBQ for Friday night but had to move indoors, actually, hubby did such a stellar job of the Thai menu he changed to that I'm kind of delighted that the weather turned a little inclement!

Anyhoo, I've a Christmas tag to share with you first of all today, I often forget the tags and have to resort to shop bought if I don't remember in time so .. in addition to trying to make cards all year round I'm trying to make the odd tag too!



Materials used:
  • Kraft tag
  • MFT image and funstamps sentiment (on reverse) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour, blended using Sansodor and a paper stump




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge No. 344 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES with the (not used) option of GINGERBREAD
  2. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 62 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Friends - challenge No. 63 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  4. Jingle Belles - July 28th challenge - SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
And now for a project that isn't a Christmas card and isn't an ATC!!!


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one navy and one white) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Snippets of card in white, navy and black for my image panel
  • Creative Expressions images from Inspiring Edges CEC851 stamped using Memento inks in tuxedo black, Paris dusk and London fog
  • Happy Little Stampers sentiment (from butterfly birthday) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink




This was one of these projects that just grew organically, I started out with every intention of making a Christmas card!!! You know how these things happen ... I had to clear a snippet that just so happened to be about 5cm x 9.75cm - perfect panel size for the above card and I started to think ... hmm and the next thing I knew the above card was made and .... I really like it despite the fact it is sooooo not Christmas!!! 

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. Seize the Birthday - July 20th challenge - SPLATTER BIRTHDAY
  2. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 49 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. That's Crafty - July 21st - ALL THINGS GRUNGE
  4. 613 Avenue Create - challenge No. 199 - ANYTHING GOES

I recently discovered that I won over at Through The Craft Room Door - thanks peeps


  


15 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fab grungy card Kathy and the matching envelope is a perfect partner. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty & joining in with the *All Things Grunge* Blog Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...So Christmas! Very sweet little tag! You started already. I reckon I'd better get a move on! I think I'm booked in for two craft fairs somewhere. Just need my WRS stamps to arrive then I know its getting serious!

Kath said...

Fabulous projects, especially the Christmas tag - I always forget to make them too!
Kath x

SmilynStef said...

I have always loved that fun little Santa ... so glad you helped us celebrate Mr. Claus at Jingle Belles.

Clare Lloyd said...

Love the Santa image on that tag.

Cara said...

Love your tag, I'm ashamed to say I have that stamp set buried somewhere on Mount NBUS. I really ought to make my own tags, but as I've failed to make any Christmas cards so far that may be a project for next year! Fabulous card too, I love it when an idea grows out of a tiny element x

Laura ElleBi said...

Very cute and nice picture tag!

Thanks for joining crafty friends
DT Laura

Liz said...

Super tag, Kathy. I usually forget to make Christmas tags until it's too late. I love your card too, what a great selection of stamps!

We were at a friends' barbecue on Saturday and as you probably remember, it rained all evening. So much for it being the middle of summer. Thank goodness for gazebos, umbrellas and raincoats! LOL! xx

Pat said...

I love your sweet Santa tag Kathy and this has the Scandinavian look which is very popular at the moment, and your pretty card using the CE Inspiring Borders is beautiful, this is a set of stamps for muy wishlist as there are endless designs to be had with these. Congratulations on your win over at TTCRD too. x

SARN said...

Cute Santa tag, but am LOVING the grungy edges on the birthday card. Simply SUPER!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Diane Louise J said...

Hello
It’s lovely to see you have joined in the ‘Christmas in July’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Beautiful tag design using a super Father Christmas image and great colouring ... Good luck in the draw and we hope you will come back again very soon.

Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

lauren bergold said...

oh, you've done it again, another FAB father christmas... i love the coloring on the kraft tag! so pleased you could help us celebrate santa (again!) at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 344 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Hazel said...

Sorry, please ignore my suggestion of adding for extra for August as you posted before 1 August (my silly fault for not looking properly - lol!) x

Nancy said...

Such great Artsy card! Love the matching envelope too! So glad you played along with us last week at Seize The Birthday...My apologizes for my late comment! Please join us again soon!