Friday, 28 July 2017

Welcome to my Friday post

Morning readers,

Had a good week? Weather's been a bit (more than) changeable, hasn't it? One day hot and sunny, the next it's cold and then there's been the rain .. the rain!!! Bet the gardeners among us are happy though.

Yes, a couple of days when the solution has been to stay in and craft!! I've a Christmas card to share with you today ......

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one blue pearl, from the DCWV shimmer stack, and one white) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Snippets of card in white and pearl grey (from the same DCWV stack)
  • Walmart image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink and the sentiment using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image
  • White grosgrain ribbon coloured using blue sharpie pens
  • For the insert I used an Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. ABC of Christmas - N is for NEW, O is for OLD ... as you can see from the photo, my ink pad's pretty new, the stamps? Well they're pretty old!
  2. Frilly 'n Funky - July 26th challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  3. Water Cooler Wedensday - challenge No. 129 - ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS
  4. Crafting by designs - July 26th challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY


And now for something completely different .. no, not Monty Python but ... it's neither a Christmas card nor an ATC!


My tag
Materials used:
  • Kraft tag
  • Katzelkraft rat (KTZ179) and Stampendous sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour and Sansodor used to blend, with the aid of a paper stump




12 comments:

Cara said...

Love the peaceful feel of your Christmas card, it's just charming. I think I might need the rats, they are so expressive and your tag is just fabulous!

SARN said...

Lovely angelic Christmas card . . . just right for today's colder weather - and RAIN too. I've even put a fleece on for the first time in aaaages!

GREAT tag - nicely coloured.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely festive card Kathy and I love the touches of sparkle, and how you decorate the envelope and inside of your card. Your tag is fun too and I love the colouring. I just received my first tin of Polychromos and I have not yet tried any pencil colouring so I might be back soon for some tips!

Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.

Pat said...

I love your sweet angel Kathy, and the pearl grey background layer together with the pretty blue ribbon beautifully coloured to match, finish the card perfectly. The kraft tag looks great with the sweet mouse too. Hope you have a good weekend. x

Clare Lloyd said...

Super card and tag

Barb said...

Two lovely pieces. The angel is a beautiful image and I love that rat. What a great stamp set. Barbxx

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful CAS Angel card Kathy. I like the addition of the coloured ribbon and your soft colouring. I'm so happy you shared it with the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. I also got quite a kick out of the little Rat tag. So cute!

libbystamps said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining my All About Christmas challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

Fiona said...

I love your Hark the Herald card - that's my favourite Christmas Carol - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Heidi Weaver said...

What a stunning card, Kathy! I love the colours and the simplicity of the design. The ribbon and sentiment are the perfect finishing touch. Love it! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. (PS that rat tag made me laugh. Well done.)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Such a lovely clean design. I love the soft coloring! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Frilly and Funkie Christmas in July Challenge!

Jenny Marples said...

Two fantastic entries here Kathy! Love the way you've created both of them. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx