Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Welcome to Wednesday

Morning readers,

Good to see you and thank you so much for stopping by, your visits and comments are always appreciated.

Decided to make some new home cards recently and discovered I didn't have a great deal of "housey" images .... so, went dotty instead, like you do!


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White, C6/A2, 250gsm, car and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one white one linen textured blue - from DCWV) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • All Night Media sentiment (487FO5) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Hero Arts "mixed dots" and "dot design" images (LONG neglected stash) stamped using the following inks: Memento dandelion, tangelo, Bahama blue, rosebud and Ranger Archival majestic violet 


It kind of grew organically and, at one point, I was afraid I'd over done it but .. I really like it, particularly the tiny purple dots.

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 171 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1732 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 170 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Ooh La La - challenge No. 234 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Cards und More - challenge No. 190 - DOTS, DOTS, DOTS

Nipped out to find a new cafe venue the other day ..... saw it on social media and realised it really wasn't all that far from me so ....


The care
The afternoon tea!
Who knew there was a duckpond so close to the cafe, in Kingsgate Park
And the weather? Unpredictable at best!!! Still, the car wasn't far!
And, since it IS Wednesday .. here's the mess that IS my desk!



11 comments:

Wynn Walton said...

Love the CAS style of your card and the matching envelope too. The cafe looks like a great find....pretty area. Thank you for sharing your card with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

SARN said...

A lovely and unusual New Home card that's sure to be appreciated. I think it's cool and trendy.

The cafe, food and general area all look great. I'm sure you'll go back!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is a fab New Home card.
I love those textured round stamps and your little purple dots are a really nice detail.
xxx

Pat said...

This is very pretty Kathy and great to think outside the box, and it works well. I must say this looks like a lovely place for afternoon tea and the cake looks extremely yummy. It is torture for me at the moment as until I get my gall bladder operation I have to keep off anything like this. The upside is I have lost lots of weight, but the downside is I really miss going out and having something sweet with my cup of tea. Your desk looks as though there has been a lot going on which is as it should be. x

Clare Lloyd said...

Super card and your afternoon tea looks nice!

Cara said...

What a fab new home card, I love how it's so different from those you normally see. Looks like you found a lovely spot for a treat too x

Lilian said...

A great card Kathy,
I love Kingsgate park and have been there lots,

Busy looking desk as well,

lilian

Cheryl S said...

This card is so cute! I love all the dots :)

Linby said...

Great idea for when you have no house stamps, looks fab. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OLL. Lynn x DT

Gina said...

Totally funky cards :D One can never go wrong with dots. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a cute and fun card! We're so glad you shared it with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs